Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

slowly growing ;)

Old 05-12-2017, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default slowly growing ;)

So my JK is the "family" vehicle and the wheeling (whenever I get a chance) is left to the XJ. But... I slowly sneak stuff into the JK and get it away from being stock So far it's got 4.11's, new (used) bumper, winch and 245 75 16s (those stock 225's sucked!) and a ,75" spacer up front so that it does not look funny Oh yeah, lets not forget the Rubi shocks.

Current mission is 4 or 5 Rubicon MT's. I have one brand new spare 255 75 17, and a deal to pickup another unused spare tomorrow. So I'm halfway to being on 32's. I still can't believe that stock they come out with 29" tires....
Old 05-12-2017, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Little bit at a time. that's how Jeeps grow.

Happy Jeeping!
Old 05-15-2017, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats I'm on a similar but different journey. My JK was my daily driver and saw 55k miles in 2 years ... Now I have a commuter car and the JK just grew from 35 inch tires to 37 inch tires.... The list of mods are quickly growing and I am getting out and wheeling more.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Took a while - well not that long but it did feel like a lifetime - and I am a proud owner of 5 BFG MT's and 5 rims. 4 spares came mounted (and I am guessing balanced since they have weights) and one needs mounting. $23 more and I'm going to be all setup. The dillema is - do I bother with TPMS or not? I really could care less about it and I can deal with the stupid idiot light being on... it does not bother me at all....

Tempted to see if Americas Tire will sell me certs for the tires I'd be 'insured' with BFG MT KM2's as replacement

Lastly - patience paid off - all 5 (4 mounted + 1 unmounted + 4 rims leaving with with 3 spare rims) cost me $455! All are zero mile spares in good condition with no cracks (just storage dirt on some of them)

no clue btw why did the pic get rotated sideways.. original is the right side up? Oh well...

Last edited by kejtar; 05-30-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

And they're mounted! Wow! way quieter then the Duratracs! I almost don't recognize my jeep. Trying to decide on the tire pressure though. For now I got the factory recommended 37PSI and it feels a weee bit harsh.... gotta go steal some of my daughters chalk

Click image for larger version

Name:	yzgdTrI.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	679081

Quick Reply: slowly growing ;)