Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Stock control arms and seats

Old 03-05-2018, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Stock control arms and seats

Hello so cal area. I'm looking for a set of stock control arms (very low mileage) and just wondering what some of you did when your seats started to get really worn.

I can't seem to find a decent set of control arms on Craig's list and seats seem to be just as hard also.

Anyone know what I'm missing here? Junk yard or something maybe? I'd like to replace the control arms at 135k and just the front seats.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:03 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Sent you a PM about arms.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
Hello so cal area. I'm looking for a set of stock control arms (very low mileage) and just wondering what some of you did when your seats started to get really worn.

I can't seem to find a decent set of control arms on Craig's list and seats seem to be just as hard also.

Anyone know what I'm missing here? Junk yard or something maybe? I'd like to replace the control arms at 135k and just the front seats.
For the control arms check with 4x4 shops in your area that install lifts, usually they have them with low to no miles lying around, and are only going to be able to scrap them. You should be able to get a good set if not brand new for almost nothing if not for free.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

I won't say which shop in so cal I have called and left messages with but they don't seem to be interested in helping even when I left a message offering to pay them for the install of stock arms. Go figure.

I'll try a different shop I guess.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

How about seats? I could do seat covers for about $200 or it appears new seats are about $1000 anyway you look at it.

Might get lucky on Craig's list but it's been almost a year. I have no luck.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have a set of near new front lowers but shipping from Montana would probably be killer.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jadmt
I have a set of near new front lowers but shipping from Montana would probably be killer.
Thank you sir but another member above may have solved my stock control arm issue.

Just curious about seats now. At 135k it's hard to drop $1,000 on brand new seats. I plan on driving it to 200k if I can. Lifetime powertrain warranty. I do about 15k-18k per year right now.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
Thank you sir but another member above may have solved my stock control arm issue.

Just curious about seats now. At 135k it's hard to drop $1,000 on brand new seats. I plan on driving it to 200k if I can. Lifetime powertrain warranty. I do about 15k-18k per year right now.
You might look into having your current seats recovered. I know Katzkin makes leather covers that look pretty good, not sure what they run, or how much and automotive upholstery shop would charge to install them, but might be worth looking into. If you can go without the Jeep for a few days, I know those places change considerably less if you remove and install the seats yourself. Removing the seats isn't too bad, 4 bolts a piece, but they are torqued stupid tight, breaking them loose required every ounce I could muster using my 1/2in breaker bar.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

I have an impact wrench I use on the seats. I have removed them before to install the tuffy locking storage drawer.

Maybe I'll just finally suck it up and buy new seats for $1000. Anyone buy aftermarket seats?

Which aftermarket seats did you go with and why?
Old 03-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

And how about the seat bolts. I can take them out and clean and rattle can them but it's never enough. Anyone swap to like a grade 8 of some type of stainless? I know it sounds kinda crazy but my jk is on the beach a lot and those seat bolts and all of the seat hardware in the rear has developed a slight coat of rust.

Quick Reply: Stock control arms and seats