Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Arkansas Riders

Old 01-11-2012, 04:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonesboro here. We usually goto superlift. Been to wheelin world in eureka springs once. Either is 3.5 hr drive or more. I'd love to find some stuff closer
Old 01-11-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

I really appreciate the responses, we go to Hot Springs a lot but haven't hit up the ORV park yet might try and go to Bismark this weekend though. Thanks again!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Im trying to locate this Ross Foundation place are there any othre details that anybody can share?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

I would like some details on some of these places too. Never heard of some of em
Old 01-11-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ARK60
Im trying to locate this Ross Foundation place are there any othre details that anybody can share?
There is a very small sign for the Ross Foundation but you just about have to know where it is to see it on Hwy 7. As you are heading toward Hot Springs from Bismarck it is maybe 2 miles. An easy landmark is where the little 3 lane section of highway begins. There is a power line that crosses the highway and you can go in there but it gets steep and you may have to have lockers as you have a climb in loose quartz. The Ross Foundation is on both sides of Hwy 7.

If you are looking for places to wheel in Arkansas most of them that I am aware of are on the west side of the state. I have been to some very mild wheeling areas like Albert Pike, Wolfpen Gap and there is another new ORV park recently open at Hopper AR which is near Glenwood called Twig Mountain ORV Park, they have a website. Ouachita National Forest has 2 places that I know of, Wolfpen Gap and another near Waldron(can't remember the name of it) but there are maps available on their website if you google Ouachita National Forest. Wolfpen Gap is very moderate and there are only a couple of places that 4WD is necessary but there are a lot of neat places to ride that follow large creeks. I would strongly suggest a map if you go into the area as it is big and lots of interconnecting dirt roads will get you lost. They allow rustic camping but I believe you have to register and let them know where you are camping. Albert Pike was still closed this summer after the big flash flood that drowned all of those campers 2 years ago. That was where you used to register so I don't know where to register now, but the internet would probably be a good source to find out.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 AM
biv
JK Newbie

Checking in from Searcy. Most fun wheeling in my opinion was up in Disney, ok. Went there a lot when I was at UA.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Ross Foundation

I looked up the Ross Foundation and found the map on the internet, see the link but you need to correct the http.

hxxp://rossfoundation.us/images/Ross-Foundation-Recreational-Map.jpg

The main gate is actually off of Hwy 128. Turn right (east) at the red light in Bismarck on hwy 84 and then left on hwy 128 by the little country store. The road to Ross Foundation turns left off of 128 maybe a half mile from the store on 128. That dirt road goes to the main gate of Ross Foundation. There are some areas that are restricted to hiking only but lots of roads to explore.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

Checking in from Russellville Arkansas..
There are tons of trails around Mount Nebo, Spring Lake and Petite Jean.
Anyone in the area and want to wheel send me a PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arkain04
Checking in from Russellville Arkansas..
There are tons of trails around Mount Nebo, Spring Lake and Petite Jean.
Anyone in the area and want to wheel send me a PM.
this place public land? have a name? just curious. my wife says petite jean is beautiful
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jvandy50
this place public land? have a name? just curious. my wife says petite jean is beautiful
Petit Jean is really nice.

The Tri-Lake area has tons of places....just pull up to a gas station and ask the first good 'ol boy you see where he goes.

Up around conway, there is a ARK Fish & Game/ State police training center that has a really cheap ($3/day) shooting range and some pretty fun, but very mild trails. The trails are open to the public when they aren't doing dog training or Search and Rescue Training out there.

Closer to Jonesboro, Wynn and Rector have some good trails. Really just extra wide 4-wheeler trails that collect lots of mud. I think they are all Corp of Engineers land.

If you can't tell, i'm into the free stuff haha.

Quick Reply: Arkansas Riders