JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   The South (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/)
-   -   Beasley Trail Run - October (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/beasley-trail-run-october-16221/)

07JKX 09-19-2007 12:45 PM

Beasley Trail Run - October

Lets setup a trail ride... BigJerm - take it away!

ATTN ALL:: Please note that I will be camping Saturday... therefore, I will not be meeting at the Waffle House @ 6:30 A.M. If you all want to meet still... feel free... but I will not be there. Please confirm you have received this message if you were originally planning to meet me. I will post this retroactively

fraud 09-19-2007 02:02 PM

I read this regarding Beasley:

$5.00 / operator / day

Trail map:
www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/ohv/beasley-trail-map.htm

Locator map w/ directions:
http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/ohv/beasley-vicn-map.htm

DIRECTIONS - There are two parking areas from which to enter the OHV trail system. Beginning on US 76/Highway 515 in front of the Blairsville Post Office, go east for 0.7 mile. Turn right onto Windy Hill Road, a paved road. At 0.7 mile when Windy Hill curves sharply to the left, go straight onto a gravel road. After 0.1 mile, turn left onto a narrow gravel road, Forest Service Road #851. Continue 0.8 mile to the OHV trail system parking lot.

Beginning on US 76/Highway 515 in front of the Blairsville Post Office, go east for 3.4 miles. Turn right just before two large propane tanks onto Rosemary Lane, which is also Forest Service Road #93. At the first fork, go left. At the second fork go right. Follow the road to the parking lot at the end, a total of 1.6 miles.

The Beasley Knob ORV Trail System is made up of the following trails:
1. Access Trail (93A)
2. Blue Rock Mountain (93B)
3. Bridge Gap (93D)
4. Connector Trail (93F)
5. Hill Climb (93E)
6. Nelson Cove (93G)
7. Nicholson Gap (83C)
8. Roundtop Mountain (93)

BigJerm 09-19-2007 03:02 PM

well the only weekend i have open is the 27th and 28th. It would work better early november but i can still do the last weekend of oct.

Ive been on both saturday and sunday and sundays seem to be less crowded. You get there early (like 8 or 9) hit the trails and get in probably 4 or 5 good hrs of riding and can be back home at a decent time. Last time i went was early on in the season so the trails were pretty mild, the later in the season the more rutted they get. I only remember our group turning around twice just because some of the rigs in our group could of had problems.

let me know! to me the best would be Sunday, plan to meet at the trail head around 8:30 and depart for riding at 9. This gives plenty of time to disco, air down some and let the stragglers roll in. Ive always started in the parking lot off Forst Service Rd 93. We can ride for awhile, stop and each lunch in some of the open areas, ride some more and should be able to cover a lot by 3 assuming we start at 9 and dont run into many problems

tgrt 09-19-2007 03:09 PM

Sunday is fine with me.

07JKX 09-19-2007 08:38 PM

i am good for sunday as well...

who has the best prices on the quick discos? or did you do it your self?

ATTN ALL:: Please note that I will be camping Saturday... therefore, I will not be meeting at the Waffle House @ 6:30 A.M. If you all want to meet still... feel free... but I will not be there. Please confirm you have received this message if you were originally planning to meet me. I will post this retroactively

bahadden 09-20-2007 03:46 AM

jks quicker disco $130, takes about 30 min to install, 2 min or less to disco or connect. built sturdy, search thread best disco to use its under modified, couldnt figure out how to copy paste thread.

BigJerm 09-20-2007 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by 07JKX (Post 181636)
i am good for sunday as well...

who has the best prices on the quick discos? or did you do it your self?

i just do mine manually. Figure when i get a 3" lift ill get disco's to match

RotorHead 09-20-2007 05:33 AM

I might be able to make it, but we have family coming in first week in November. So if it's between October 27 and Nov 4, I probably can't go.

JK7349 09-20-2007 03:14 PM

I can probably make it if my tires and wheels come in. Just let me know what day, I will be coming in from Augusta!

cjsdad 09-20-2007 05:14 PM

I should be in. We settled on a date yet. No plans that I know of yet.