Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

In need of campsite

Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking In need of campsite

Hey y'all,

My fraternity and I are looking for a place to do our annual retreat. We go to UCF in Orlando and usually go to Ocala National but the place we usually go to closed down and became regulated.

I'm looking for a place easy enough for 2WD vehicles to get too but remote enough that we can stay up will 3 or 4 in the morning and not get complains from neighbors or families.

We usually have a big bonfire and tents. No electric or water hookups needed.

We clean up everything after and try to leave it better than we found it.

Hope some one has some info!

Thanks!

Jochen
Old 02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but you can still camp in Ocala away from the campgrounds. You don't need a permit for primitive camping and there are lots of places you can get to with a 2WD with no trouble at all. Coming up from Orlando you can find a lot of decent spots south of 40 around the bombing range. The rangers are being pricks now about going in closed areas but you can still run the pipeline road and powerlines and play around in the sand. There'sa lot of trails around there still open and there's some decent mud north of the range (There was a couple of weeks ago anyway). I can give you some better directions to some secluded areas if you want. Good luck.

Quick Reply: In need of campsite