Notices
Sponsor Video Presentations Sponsors only videos please in the forum.

TeraFlex Tip: Tire Carrier Adjustment

Old 08-25-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed this with the JCR rear Dagger bumper.

Even on the 37" tire setting, I wasn't able to clear the bumper by about and 1.5" and I have 35's.

So instead I tinkered with the adjustment in and out to be able to shut the door and have the lower edge of the tire just slightly press against the top of the bumper enough that it would never move. Much the same as if it was cranked tight against the carrier.

As it sits this way...it's roughly and inch from touching the actual carrier hinge.

It doesn't move at all over big bumps and there's no noise either so it seems to be working in the same fashion by having it press against the bumper as if it was pressed against the carrier hinge

If this proves to be not as good and I start getting movement or noise, I think a 1.25" BL I was planning should get me the clearance I need to have it installed per TF directions

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum

Last edited by JayswranglerX; 08-25-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Teraflex,

I have Hinged carrier with spare mount and its set on 35" spare. I will be moving to 37" next week. How can i move those lugs/studs to the upper holes so i can fit the 37"? Hope i don't need to buy another spare carrier for that

Thanks
Ed
Old 08-26-2015, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Slow_but_Sure
Hey Teraflex,

I have Hinged carrier with spare mount and its set on 35" spare. I will be moving to 37" next week. How can i move those lugs/studs to the upper holes so i can fit the 37"? Hope i don't need to buy another spare carrier for that

Thanks
Ed
I had to do that too. Put them in the 35 holes first.

I just screwed a lug nut all the way on the studs and tapped them out with a hammer.
Came out really easy
Just make sure you put the nut on before hammering

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
I had to do that too. Put them in the 35 holes first. I just screwed a lug nut all the way on the studs and tapped them out with a hammer. Came out really easy Just make sure you put the nut on before hammering Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Im glad i can reuse it. I will certainly try that. Thanks
Old 08-27-2015, 06:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by nhk19
Does anyone have the Teraflex carrier and AEV rear corners? How much do you have to alter / cut the corners for the carrier to fit? Does it look stupid after doing so?
We have a JK here with that setup actually. We just used a grinder to open the notched areas for the hinges.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
We have a JK here with that setup actually. We just used a grinder to open the notched areas for the hinges.
Thanks so much for the reply! Need to save a few more pennies and then I'll purchase your carrier. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Tip: Tire Carrier Adjustment