Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

ATTN: Sponsors/Home crafters

Old 01-22-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: Sponsors/Home crafters

While standing around at work today, i pulled ol Wilbur in and was standing around talkin to the guys about different jeep products i have yet to buy....after they all got done laughing at me I was pondering how much work it is to put the soft top down (not that i will be doing this anytime soon), and it dawned on me. Jeep has the design all wrong!!! The side windows are so difficult to roll up because of the plastic that slips under the side lip of the Jeep. You all know what i mean. Granted it does get softer over time and on really hot days but it still only allows you to roll it up in a min. 4-6" roll. I thought very carefully about cutting that plastic strip off last year, but alas if you do that theres nothing to hold the bottom edge from flapping in the breeze. So back to today, what if instead of having the window lip under the rail, have a piece that stays on the rail and has a small flap with a zipper on it. To remove the window you would simply unzip the window as in the 2nd image here. The red area represents a flap like the back with velcro and the green line represents the zipper which is behind the window itself like the stock rear zipper.

The piece that stays behind would preferably be bolted to the rail using the existing hard top holes and be relatively finished in appearance as it would be seen all the time inside and obviously with the window removed from the outside. Possibly black abs plastic or something similar. What do you guys think?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

I like the idea , you could probably go to an upholstry shop and get them to sew a zipper where your green line is and add a piece of plastic to the back of the red part to make it a little stiffer.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

I think you misunderstand my intentions. What i want is for the side window to be completely "soft" and to attach some kind of plastic strip on the rail, and this piece would have a flap with the other half of the zipper attached. Basically instead of the window tucking under the rail, it would zipper to the plastic piece (that in turn remains behind) I cant figure out how to describe it any better than that
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

oh ok , I get it

Quick Reply: ATTN: Sponsors/Home crafters