Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Please Support Our Sponsors

Old 11-13-2006, 10:42 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Arrow Please Support Our Sponsors

Last edited by wayoflifette; 10-02-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:45 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-12-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Believe me I want to support a few of them RIGHT NOW, however I have to wait for products to be available! Damn teases! If I couldn't wait to buy the new jeep, what makes them think I can wait for a new bumper! In serious need of front and rear protection, nailed a tree last weekend and busted the spare tire carrier. Bushwacked a bit to pull a friend up a muddy hill and need a front bumper and soooooo missing my winch! Just don't have that same confidence I had with a 9500lb winch in front of me to go anywhere! :sad: Helo cure my addiction, i am not use dto having a jeep and not being able to spend money on it. I am waiting for the right lift to come along too.......Tick Tock...
Old 11-14-2006, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

I wanna support too but my jeep aint ready yet There is quite a few of us like that here
Old 12-06-2006, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

I already bought grab handles from Quadratec and I plan on spending a lot more once I get my income tax back.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
JK-Forum Founder

If you haven't noticed, we have a bunch of new sponsors that have signed up here recently and I would be most grateful if you would take some time to give them a look
Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Saving my $ and waiting for my Rubicon, but it won't be long before I'm building it up. It's gonna be difficult with a pregnant wife, but She's the one that insisted that I ditch my built Tacoma and get what I really want. That's love. I'll be buying soon enough...
Old 02-24-2007, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Newbie responce:

I've noticed that parts for JK's that are similar to those for older Jeeps go for almost double what the older ones do. To me this is way more than unreasonable but then again I supose if the buyers will pay it then go for it eh?

I'm an engineer / machinist / janitor ~ and have real good understanding of what it takes to manufature these various contraptions. Indeed I'm thinking about getting into the aftermarket Industry myself as the mark ups look to be HUGE. :(

So I'll support them when they support me... lol

I've not seen any simple good quality flip over rock sliders for JK's yet for example. Remember some of us are NOT rich and would love to be able to go step by step in a sensible manner towards building out our rigs. Flip over sliders is probably the single most sensible idea I've seen.
When yer rig is new and stock they protect it and point out and up to keep clearences. When you've finally afforded the lift then they flip and point out and down some providing a nice step for the wife (since yer rig is now taller at the door than she is...).

I got nothing against folks making money, I need to as well. but mark ups like these guys are putting on are a bit more than I am willing to "support".

Sorry if I tee'd you off but I'm as honest as a Jeep is suposed to be.
You can ban me now...LOL
Old 02-24-2007, 06:47 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by LinkSync
I've noticed that parts for JK's that are similar to those for older Jeeps go for almost double what the older ones do. To me this is way more than unreasonable but then again I supose if the buyers will pay it then go for it eh?
That's funny, I honestly have not seen what you apparently are seeing. Could you please be more specific as to what exact parts are similar (make/model) and be more specific as to how egregious the price differences are?

I'm an engineer / machinist / janitor ~ and have real good understanding of what it takes to manufature these various contraptions. Indeed I'm thinking about getting into the aftermarket Industry myself as the mark ups look to be HUGE. :(
By all means, please do and then become a sponsor of ours. I'll even go so far as to encourage people to support you.

I've not seen any simple good quality flip over rock sliders for JK's yet for example. Remember some of us are NOT rich and would love to be able to go step by step in a sensible manner towards building out our rigs. Flip over sliders is probably the single most sensible idea I've seen.
When yer rig is new and stock they protect it and point out and up to keep clearences. When you've finally afforded the lift then they flip and point out and down some providing a nice step for the wife (since yer rig is now taller at the door than she is...).
Well, you say you've got the skills, why not put your money where your mouth is and make some yourself?

I got nothing against folks making money, I need to as well. but mark ups like these guys are putting on are a bit more than I am willing to "support".
So then don't. Last I checked, this is still America and you do have that choice.

Sorry if I tee'd you off but I'm as honest as a Jeep is suposed to be.
Please, if you really were as honest as you pretend to be, you wouldn't have bothered to apologize.

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-24-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol

Well I am thinking about it!

Time is a huge issue tho as I already have a job, and got a Jeep now to enjoy the time off a bit now my kids are grown.

As to specifics just cruise around the net and see for yourself the differences between the older but still current stuff and the brand new stuff.

There are exceptions and lots of real good stuff out there.
Lots of BAD ideas too if you aren't careful!

Here's and Idea for you to ponder:
For hard top owners like me brace the roll bar providing a top load point for the tire of whatever size and a waterproofing mod to the roof for those times folks will leave it on , (mine will never be coming off as the sun is EVIL here in Arizona). Now you have a CLEAN back door that could be moded to hold a 20 gallon custom fuel tank below the the window and some water as well for those longer runs. Get your center of gravity back that way too.

Just a thought.

Lets say I get a winch rigged shorty up front, some very nice ones out already and more to come, and I go swimming... is it good for the winch? Maybe a bumper rig stout enough to put the winch up higher? I realise there are center of gravity issues etc. But still the one time I needed a winch when out with a friend in his bronco, it was a PITA to use as the whole front end was damned near burried...

Anyway as to my apology I stand by it and everything else I said as well.
We don't need to duel at dawn or anything do we? I'd rather be friends.

Quick Reply: Please Support Our Sponsors