Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Poison Spyder Crusher Flares in Steel or Aluminum

Old 10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
DTS
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poison Spyder Crusher Flares in Steel or Aluminum

The Jeep JK's front fenders and flares are one of the most vulnerable body components when traversing the trail. The Poison Spyder JK Front Crusher Flare™ kit improves both the aesthetics and durability of your Jeep during your off road adventures. Crusher Flares™ provide tire coverage similar to the factory flares, with the added advantage of a better approach angle and outer tire clearance. Crusher Flares™ are available for both front and rear of -door and 4-door JK's, and each kit comes as a pair that fits both the two and four door models.

Crusher Flares™ are available in either steel or aluminum. Steel Crusher Flares™ are made of 1.5" X .120 wall DOM tubing, with a 1/8" steel top plate and 3/16" steel mounting plate. Aluminum Crusher Flares™ are constructed from 1.5" X .188" wall annealed aluminum structural tubing in combination with 1/8" and 3/16" aircraft grade aluminum plate. Not sure whether to choose steel or aluminum for your Crusher Flares™? Aluminum is lighter in weight, so might be the best choice for those looking to save weight on their heavy JK's in order to improve fuel mileage and gain an advantage off-road. However, when wheeling with aluminum flares it is up to the driver to use more care and finesse, as the aluminum components are not going to be able to withstand the same direct impacts that steel can. The thicker tube wall thickness of the aluminum version recoups some of the strength lost by going to aluminum, however the steel versions will still be stronger in a direct impact with the rocks. For reference, a steel JK Front Crusher Flare™ weighs 31.6 lbs (not including hardware), while an aluminum one weighs only 11.8 lbs. Which is best for you will depend on your particular intended use of the Jeep, driving style and other factors.

The Crusher Flare™ kit utilizes stainless countersunk hardware to secure to the Jeep's outer skin and steel heavy duty internal brackets that are coupled to the sub-frame. Poison Spyder's exclusive supporting sub-frame brackets give the Crusher Flare™ a solid platform and transfer impact load away from the outer sheet metal body. No other aftermarket metal flare comes with such robust internal bracketry--most come with none at all! When shopping for metal flares for your JK, be sure to determine whether the product you are looking at includes such internal strengthening brackets. If the flare merely bolts to the exterior sheetmetal of the Jeep with no additional internal bracing, it can damage your Jeep even more if it sustains an impact on the trail! Additionally the JK Front Crusher Flare™ Kit comes with a pair of rubber gaskets that isolates the fender from direct contact with the Jeep paint and body.

Poison Spyder JK Front Crusher Flares™ retain the factory wheel well liner to protect the engine from trail and road debris (you'll need to trim the liner to re-install). Furthermore the reinforced sub-frame brackets are hidden to complete a clean and finished appearance. The JK Front Crusher Flare™ kit comes standard with mounting provisions to replace the factory side marker with an updated LED marker light (sold separately). The addition of the LED provides a more modern and refined look that complements the function and style of the Crusher Flare. LED lamps and electronic flashers must be purchased separately.

Click Here for Steel Front Crusher Flares™

Click Here for Steel Rear Crusher Flares™
Click Here for Aluminum Front Crusher Flares™
Click Here for Aluminum Rear Crusher Flares™
Click Here for LED Marker Lamps

All Crusher Flares ship as un-coated bare steel or aluminum.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:24 PM
DTS
Former Member

Old 11-01-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Any chance of getting a wider version for those who have inspection problems?

Thx...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the aluminum and love them!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crawdadjr
I have the aluminum and love them!
X2 they are awesome!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

The first one t come out with a true extra wide aluminum flare wins my money!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:57 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by RubiBurst
Any chance of getting a wider version for those who have inspection problems?

Thx...
Originally Posted by Nwapache
The first one t come out with a true extra wide aluminum flare wins my money!
If we see enough demand for them we might consider it. Its not so simple as just fabbing up a one-off pair of fenders at whatever width you want. For us to put a new product into production, it requires a significant investment in CAD designing, machine programming, building assembly fixtures, and stocking inventory. So whoever wants a wide set, let us know, and if it looks like enough demand to justify the investment, we'll definitely give it some thought.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd be interested in a wider fender. My JK is my daily driver and the cars and trucks that I drive past on the road don't like me throwing rocks at them with my tires.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DTS
If we see enough demand for them we might consider it. Its not so simple as just fabbing up a one-off pair of fenders at whatever width you want. For us to put a new product into production, it requires a significant investment in CAD designing, machine programming, building assembly fixtures, and stocking inventory. So whoever wants a wide set, let us know, and if it looks like enough demand to justify the investment, we'll definitely give it some thought.
I would definitely buy a set. They would be a great addition to my brawler bumpers.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Been looking for a set... very interested

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Crusher Flares in Steel or Aluminum