Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

RIPP 2012 JK Cold Air Kit

Old 01-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RIPP 2012 JK Cold Air Kit

Hey guys - RIPP has been testing the 2012 JK Cold air kit for 6 months now - Clients are very happy with the results . . this is a simple bolt on that really adds Low-end grunt the the 3.6 -

The HP and Torque gains are very noticeable in the low to mid RPM jumping as high as 20ft/lbs right off idle.

Not to mention the RIPP CAI is the only CAI kit that is compatible with most snorkel systems (when available for the 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkDlcoCEPQ4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Ldz1xObUM $324.95 Link to product

Last edited by RIPPMODS; 02-02-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any drawback when used w/an AEV hood w/o snorkel? Any optional accessories, like an extension to grab cool air from the grill area?
Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya
Any drawback when used w/an AEV hood w/o snorkel? Any optional accessories, like an extension to grab cool air from the grill area?
We can connect to the AEV snorkel in the 3.8 and we think based on our design - the AEV 2010 Snorkel can be sold to 2012 guys and end users can snorkel Via our COLD AIR kit

In terms of power - no - there is no advantage to a snorkel

RIPPTECH
Old 01-23-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
We can connect to the AEV snorkel in the 3.8 and we think based on our design - the AEV 2010 Snorkel can be sold to 2012 guys and end users can snorkel Via our COLD AIR kit

In terms of power - no - there is no advantage to a snorkel

RIPPTECH
Is it safe to use with out the snorkel with an AEV hood? Any chance of pulling water into the cai through the screened hole on the AEV hood? Do you sell silicone elbows & hose?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver
Anyone who believes they can gain 20HP by an intake alone deserves to have the $325 that they spent on it taken from them...
I believe the gains mentioned in the post refer to ft/lbs of torque.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Or torque...
Ain't gonna happen...
Not with just an intake...
No way.

Ripp, I've got a brand new 2012 six speed Rubicon coming, and I have access to both a Dynojet and Mustang dyno.

Ship me one and I'll gladly do an unbiased test on both dynos.

If I see those gains, I'll buy it and eat my words.

I've dynoed hundreds of cars, and I just don't believe those numbers can be gained with just an intake alone.

Sorry.
Umm - we don't lie and have an awful good reputation when it comes to advertised HP - No smoke and mirrors, we simply removed the stock air box and installed the RIPP CAI and thats what it turned up - look at the video WE DIDN' MANY BACK-TO-BACK PASS's just to show clients that fact!

Your welcome to buy one and conduct an independent test and since we've only dyno'd one (our own) but sold over 50+ with no complaints we think they are working as advertised. Our Facebook page has a few clients bragging about them right now.

This test was also done during the break in period of the 2012 - at best that could have attributed to the power gain as well.. but now our 2012 is under the knife getting a supercharger... so it will be a minute before we retest it.

We'll see if we can do another in house test.

EDIT: You do understand that the gain here is 5-10hp and 10-20ft/lbs of torque cold and peak and in the last pass it splits power gains right down the middle! so its credible to say that you gain 5-10 rear wheel HP and 10-15ft/lbs of trq. AND That the top line is torque and the bottom straighter line is HP. We did several pass' to see what it would gain and lose (cold and hot) as a proper demonstration of the product!

RIPPTECH

Last edited by RIPPMODS; 01-24-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:40 PM
JK Newbie

Or torque...
Ain't gonna happen...
No way.

Ripp, I've got a brand new 2012 six speed Rubicon coming, and I have access to both a Dynojet and Mustang dyno.

I've dynoed hundreds of cars, and I just don't believe those numbers can be gained with just an intake alone.

Sorry.
No offense or anything but that's just outright rude. Ripp is a reputable vendor not just on here but among many popular automotive groups. Their reputation precedes them and for you to call them out with no credible evidence to support your claim is just despicable. You make the rest of us look horrible when you do that.

Back on topic, I am very interested in one of these for my 2012 i'll be purchasing, HOWEVER i'll be holding off until someone comes out with a snorkel for the 2012 specifically. Love to hear what some of the guys who bought one of these think of it.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Or torque...
Ain't gonna happen...
No way.

Sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Ldz1xObUM
Originally Posted by Jmedic
No offense or anything but that's just outright rude. Ripp is a reputable vendor not just on here but among many popular automotive groups. Their reputation precedes them and for you to call them out with no credible evidence to support your claim is just despicable. You make the rest of us look horrible when you do that.

Back on topic, I am very interested in one of these for my 2012 i'll be purchasing, HOWEVER i'll be holding off until someone comes out with a snorkel for the 2012 specifically. Love to hear what some of the guys who bought one of these think of it.
Thank you for that - and we'd like to reinforce that, we tested on a second vehicle and it backed it up -

Video added on original post as well as response -

On your second point - With this kit you can run the 2007-2011 AEV kit - Because our kit over rides the stock box... We can set you up with the connection from the snorkel to the air filter.

RIPPTECH
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have this yet?? I'm thinking about getting one...
Old 03-01-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Just curious as to what kind of filter comes with the CAI. Is it oiled or dry?

Quick Reply: RIPP 2012 JK Cold Air Kit