Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Rough Country All new MLC-6 Switch box, relay distribution box

Old 07-05-2017, 06:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by blackstang3o2
can this unit handle power for a winch?
I don't have this particular unit, but I do have an sPOD. You're gonna need to wire that winch directly to the battery.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blackstang3o2
can this unit handle power for a winch?
Just to be more clear, you would always run the heavy/main winch power and ground directly to the battery, but this can easily control the winch relay box as a master cut off rather than having the winch relay box seeing power at all times. If you have a wireless winch that does not have a manual on/off switch on the relay box, you can pick up stray signals and have the winch run while your unaware and driving.... as me how I know

So it is still a viable to control power to the winch, but that power would be on the control relay side rather than on the main motor power side.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Just to be more clear, you would always run the heavy/main winch power and ground directly to the battery, but this can easily control the winch relay box as a master cut off rather than having the winch relay box seeing power at all times. If you have a wireless winch that does not have a manual on/off switch on the relay box, you can pick up stray signals and have the winch run while your unaware and driving.... as me how I know

So it is still a viable to control power to the winch, but that power would be on the control relay side rather than on the main motor power side.
Perfect thanks. I just want it to just be a switch so its not always live.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sami@inspired-engineering
In stock guys. Save big with these.
Could you send me a quote shipped to 54703?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by larry0071
I took a couple photos of the Rough Country Switch Pod in the dark this morning for you guys that are wondering what it is like. Again, note that the switch pod is in fact lit up 24 hours a day by default. There are also owners that have modified the battery + cable by splicing in an 80 amp relay that is switched by I believe fuse F7 (verify that!) that goes hot when the engine is running, not when the key is in accessory.
To add-on to all your good tips thus far RC has updated their installation manual to mod the LEDs to be on acc power. Check out page 5:

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...F921709620.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MLC6.pdf (1.57 MB, 345 views)
Old 12-17-2017, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

How much for 1 shipped to 13037?
Old 12-20-2017, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the wiring and mounting between 2016 and 2017 the same? If so, would this switch pod work well with our 2017?
Old 12-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FarFromStock
Is the wiring and mounting between 2016 and 2017 the same? If so, would this switch pod work well with our 2017?
Yes it is the same so they would work on the 2017 model as well.

Originally Posted by BIGag
How much for 1 shipped to 13037?
We can do $190.00 shipped.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Hey AggreX,
I was wondering, will the LVCO still work even if we follow these instructions? And also now that it is plugged into the fuse and is connected to the ACC/ dash will the upper independent lights on the Otrattw buttons still work? Anybody know the answer to this question? Also by following those instructions on that pdf on page 5, will this allow me to dim those led lights?

Last edited by RedCrow; 06-06-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedCrow
Hey AggreX,
I was wondering, will the LVCO still work even if we follow these instructions? And also now that it is plugged into the fuse and is connected to the ACC/ dash will the upper independent lights on the Otrattw buttons still work? Anybody know the answer to this question? Also by following those instructions on that pdf on page 5, will this allow me to dim those led lights?
RedCrow,
For definitive answers you might want to contact Rough Country. IMO the updated hook up instructions addressed the concerns that some jeepers had because the led rocker lights on the unit stayed on without the key. The concern was battery drainage over time which may or may not be an issue with led rocker lights as the energy drain is very small. The updated hook up instructions should not affect LVCO function as NO auxiliary lights would be powered without the key

FYI: I went with the S-Tech switch system because it mounted below the footmans loop, well designed, OEM style and made in USA

Last edited by AggreX; 06-06-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Rough Country All new MLC-6 Switch box, relay distribution box