Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

TOTL JK Heat Expulsion Hood

Old 09-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigRich26
Cool literally just got done reading about him. Any idea what fenders he has?
I dont but if I had to guess, they look like Bushwacker flat flares
Old 09-08-2017, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRich26
Cool literally just got done reading about him. Any idea what fenders he has?
From that picture above, they look like Bushwackers.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Old 10-06-2017, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor

Friday be like...

Old 11-17-2017, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor

Holiday shopping season officially kicks off in a week. What is on everyone's wish list?

Old 11-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor

We would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 12-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor

It may be cold out but its still hot in your engine bay. Let some heat out! (yes cornyest thing I could think of)

Old 12-28-2017, 03:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOTL Vs. AEV Vs. Stock hood

I subscribe that TOTL hood has an impressive, aggressive and futuristic design that sets it apart from any other hood on the market. I also understand, from posts I've read here and on other forums,that it efficiently drives water away from the engine and keeps your engine bay cooler than a stock hood would but how much cooler ?
I have a Ripp SC in my future plans and heat expulsion is quite a concern. Before I knew the existence of TOTL hood (I am in Europe, you can forgive my ignorance) my only option was the AEV hood, either because I have AEV bumbers/tirecarrier/fuel caddy and, especially, because I trust the AEV experience with their hemi conversions.
Now, leaving the weight issue aside (a few pounds less or more wouldn't make any difference on my 3.8 jku) as well as any other aspects (style, ease of painting etc.), which hood is more efficient at removing heat from engine bay ? Has somebody ever tried to measure the heat inside engine bay with a stock hood, vs a AEV, vs a TOTL ?
Thanks in advance for answer.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Amwill
I subscribe that TOTL hood has an impressive, aggressive and futuristic design that sets it apart from any other hood on the market. I also understand, from posts I've read here and on other forums,that it efficiently drives water away from the engine and keeps your engine bay cooler than a stock hood would but how much cooler ?
I have a Ripp SC in my future plans and heat expulsion is quite a concern. Before I knew the existence of TOTL hood (I am in Europe, you can forgive my ignorance) my only option was the AEV hood, either because I have AEV bumbers/tirecarrier/fuel caddy and, especially, because I trust the AEV experience with their hemi conversions.
Now, leaving the weight issue aside (a few pounds less or more wouldn't make any difference on my 3.8 jku) as well as any other aspects (style, ease of painting etc.), which hood is more efficient at removing heat from engine bay ? Has somebody ever tried to measure the heat inside engine bay with a stock hood, vs a AEV, vs a TOTL ?
Thanks in advance for answer.
The stock hood is obviously your worse option. It doesnt have any vents and is insulated leaving no room for heat to escape. We dont have any metrics on how well the AEV hood performs but the issue with their design is that the vents are all located towards the front of the hood. This is adequate a slow speeds where hot air coming off of the radiator can potentially exit but it does nothing to address heat radiating off of the engine. Furthermore, once traveling at speed, there is enough air flow in the engine bay to push all the heat towards the back away from those vents.

We address those issues with our two stage design. The vents on the side of the hood allow heat to exit the engine bay when traveling at speed and the vents along the cowl allow all the hot air to escape at slower speeds. We had a customer with an LS swap report a 20 degree drop in intake air temps when going from a stock hood to one of ours.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd be more than happy to trial your hood for you guys, to give you concrete number differences.
I've been logging for several months now with my Blue Driver coolant temperature, engine intake temperature, ambient temperature and vehicle speed for data point correlation. I can easily take this data and insert it into a Microsoft table and graph it. Which I intend do at some time. My reason for doing this is to get a base line on my stock electric fan throughout the year with weather changes, because I intend to swap out the electric fan for the water pump mounted mechanical. Anyways your hood looks awesome and maybe someday I'll upgrade.

Quick Reply: TOTL JK Heat Expulsion Hood