Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Worx wheels Sneak Peek!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the first ones. worx 02. 4"-4.5" BS, 16x8-16x10. i don't know what width tire i want to run yet...
Old 09-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
I wouldn't touch the last two, but I kind of like the first. I've never heard of Worx. Anybody familiar with their quality?
Worx wheels are a new brand. I believe they are being designed by a former designer of MotoMetal but don't quote me on that. They are a Discount Tire exclusive. As for quality, We have high standards for all the products we carry. All the manufactures that produce products for us are required to be TUV and SFI Certified (both high industry standards of quality, high level of structure and finish testing through each process of manufacturing.) Every Manufacture brand we carry must also carry product insurance. This is for you, the consumer, to benifit. It insures that the product manufacture will take responsibility if an unlikely accident should occure due to failure of a product. (I might note here that a lot of the products that are dirt cheap in the market don't carry this insurance and if an accident were to occure with one of these products, the consumer will have no where to go for financial help.) Be assured that any product you buy from Discount Tire Co. will be an excelent quality product and if you do come accross a problem with one of our products let us know and we will do what ever we can to fix it for you.

Originally Posted by redrock4x4
Hi Travis,

Just an FYI Rubicon Express recommends a 17x8 - 17x9 wheel with 4.25" - 4.5" back spacing.

There wasn't a whole lot available within those constraints when I was shopping for wheels for mine.

I'd like to see more offerings in those sizes.

Jason
Looks like the sizes should be 17x9" with a -12mm offset, (17x9" w/4.25" BS)
and 17x9" with a 0mm offset (17x9" w/4.5" BS)

Originally Posted by degenerate
i like the first ones. worx 02. 4"-4.5" BS, 16x8-16x10. i don't know what width tire i want to run yet...
I don't see a 16" in the bolt pattern for the JK yet for either of these designs How popular is this size for your guys? Your feedback is a big help to you and other JKers.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Former Vendor

Personally, I'd lean to the 16". I might settle for a 17" though.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TravisDTD
I don't see a 16" in the bolt pattern for the JK yet for either of these designs How popular is this size for your guys? Your feedback is a big help to you and other JKers.
most of the people that wheel, which is most of the JK community (at least here), go for smaller wheels. that gives us more sidewall bulge for a larger footprint when we air down off-road. inappropriately backspaced 15 inch wheels won't fit over the calipers, but 16's take the "guess work" (read: on-site fitting) out of it.

Last edited by degenerate; 09-19-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Awesome, I love the input. I posted a poll asking what wheels everyone is running, I am hopeing it fills up. For one, It will help us build better products that fit your demands and two its a great tool for guys that haven't decided what wheels and tires they want to run. I made it public so it will keep track of who is running what and if you want to see a particular size you can go to the poll, view results and link to anyone's profile who voted to hopefully find pictures of their Jeeps. It might be easier than searching all the different threads for pictures.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, I love the input. I posted a poll asking what wheels everyone is running, I am hopeing it fills up. For one, It will help us build better products that fit your demands and two its a great tool for guys that haven't decided what wheels and tires they want to run. I made it public so it will keep track of who is running what and if you want to see a particular size you can go to the poll, view results and link to anyone's profile who voted to hopefully find pictures of their Jeeps. It might be easier than searching all the different threads for pictures.

I believe 16's would be your most popular size. I would definitely buy some in 16x9 5 on 5
Old 09-20-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

The first two look like something that I would buy. Would want 17x9 with 4.5" back spacing. You say that you are adding these to the catalog. Where can I go to see other designs that you currently offer? Also, when would some of these be available? I really like the 02 and would consider waiting if it's not too long.

Thanks.

Craig
Old 09-21-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

The first one is nice, not so much the other two and x69 on the 17x9ish size!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by reynolr
The first two look like something that I would buy. Would want 17x9 with 4.5" back spacing. You say that you are adding these to the catalog. Where can I go to see other designs that you currently offer? Also, when would some of these be available? I really like the 02 and would consider waiting if it's not too long.

Thanks.

Craig
We are building molds for them now, we expect to see them by feb of 08. The more feedback on here we get the better they will come out when they hit the floor.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

More wheels for JK's please!!!! Ask and you shall recieve. Here is a sneak peek of two new designs we are adding to our cataloge. We are placing our orders now for these and want your opinions. What sizes would you want to see? What offsets?, What finishes. Also how many of you would buy them? Estimated 17" price will be somewhere around $150.00

Worx 02 and Worx 04

I would by the worx 04 right now in 17/8 with 4.5 back spaceing . Love the look !!!!!

Quick Reply: Worx wheels Sneak Peek!!!