Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike thanks for taking the pics and I wish I could have joined you for Frank Rains today.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
JK Junkie

After seeing the pics and seeing the sun roof area, yea, I need it, but witht he tent.... wow tahts going to be expensive
Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by SGT.
After seeing the pics and seeing the sun roof area, yea, I need it, but witht he tent.... wow tahts going to be expensive

Tent can wait. nothing wrong to sleep on the ground. just looks cool with tent on top
Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SGT.
Yep, one step at a time. You can bet I will be posting more pictures when I add the tent myself
Old 05-26-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wish the side rails were flared out a little so you could fold back the sunrider top without having to rock back the entire rack.

How easy is it to rock back the rack to put down the top?

A video would really help sell this to me...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Little updates.

*The release date for Quick Disconnect for the rack has been pushed back till next week. And would be under $100

*These rack can use Yakima and Thule mounting hardware to attach bike rack, storage box, kayak brackets to the 2 rack's cross bars. But customer state that the Yahkima seem to have the best fit.

* Here are some of the tubing diameters for all the top cross bars start from the top of the light bar to the last bar.
(from front to back)
-1 1/4"
-1 1/8"
-1 1/8"
-1"

* Please also allow aprox 7 days of lead time before delivery as they some time have to have mfg / and powder coating process.

Last edited by MBATF; 05-26-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default Sunroof insert

Do you have/can someone take a pic of the sunroof insert installed from above?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by wanabxtrm
Do you have/can someone take a pic of the sunroof insert installed from above?
This pic is taken just now specially for you. The bottom of the rack is facing you and the left is the front mounting points. so you are looking at the insert from bottom up.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

here's a question.... How is the noise, due to air drag? I know and have read that the KM Congo Cage is a bit noisy, how is this with drag noise? Thanks for all the input! I am reall leaning towards the Gobi but $$ is tight and will be a stretch unfortunately...
Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by Z-Man
here's a question.... How is the noise, due to air drag? I know and have read that the KM Congo Cage is a bit noisy, how is this with drag noise? Thanks for all the input! I am reall leaning towards the Gobi but $$ is tight and will be a stretch unfortunately...
That depends on how good your hearings are

Well the truth is most roof racks are going to make wind noise due to the drag, and pretty much most roof racks designed very similar to one another so all have about the similar +/- wind noise.

And also it is very hard for someone to describe it since we all have different comfort levels. Then again my jeep is making so much other noise that I think a bit of wind noise would actually be better for me

But some of the old square racks with bunch plates mounted on the sides... well those one will have the most noises and most drags.

Quick Reply: Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack.