Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, nice rig.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Pats fan
has anyone mounted any backup lights? I am thinking of adding one or two but can't decide which one.
Ipf back up lights worked well for me for a long time but I am soon upgrading to the Baja Designs SII LED flood for brighter more efficient setup.
http://www.alphaexpedition.com/sii-led/
Old 10-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor

From today till 11/14/2014 ( 5 weeks ) All Gobi Jeep JK Wrangler Roof Rack order will come with ONE ADDITIONAL FREE GOBI ACCESSORY of your choice.

Jeep JK Wrangler Gobi Roof Racks - Alpha Expedition

FREE SHIPPING
FREE WIND DEFLECTOR
FREE Driver Side Ladder
FREE OLIGHT S10 400 Lumens LED Flashlight
FREE Gobi Rack Accessory of your choice.

This Special offer ends 11/14/2014

GOBI JK Wrangler Stealth Rack Shown

Old 10-09-2014, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z-Man
I am torn between this rack and the kargo master one,... How ever does this one allow for the use of a Yakima or Thule kayak racks? I will be needing to transport 2 Kayaks. 14' and 15.5'/

Appreciate any help you can offer...
Hey Z-Man, I have the gobi stealth rack I haul my old town canoe around on it with just the foam pads and ratchet straps. I also thought about loading my mountain bike up top and found out that yakima and thule roof rack bike mounts would both fit on the rack. After trying to lift my bike up I decided against the roof rack bike rack, but I would assume if their bike racks fit, so would their canoe racks?

LOL I just noticed the original post was from 2007...im guessing you already have an answer to your question. I may not be fast but I'm slow!!!

Last edited by Auxillaryman; 10-09-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Auxillaryman
Hey Z-Man, I have the gobi stealth rack I haul my old town canoe around on it with just the foam pads and ratchet straps. I also thought about loading my mountain bike up top and found out that yakima and thule roof rack bike mounts would both fit on the rack. After trying to lift my bike up I decided against the roof rack bike rack, but I would assume if their bike racks fit, so would their canoe racks?

LOL I just noticed the original post was from 2007...im guessing you already have an answer to your question. I may not be fast but I'm slow!!!
One thing I've noticed on both of my Gobi racks is that the Yakima and Thule tube brackets is that seemingly no amount of torque on the bolts prevents them from rotating at the worst moment. Unless you are someone who rotates the attachments down for fuel economy (IMHO not worth it) I recommend wrapping grip/tread tape around the crossbars; it stops the problem dead in its tracks.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone mounting CB/Ham antennas on the rack? if so, where? and how are you grounding?
Old 12-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lysol
Anyone mounting CB/Ham antennas on the rack? if so, where? and how are you grounding?
Some customers have grounded their lights by drilling new hole(s) and secure the wire with self-taping screw. CB you can probably do the same.( I am no expert in CB/Ham just know the basics )

Quick Reply: Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack.