Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Old 08-24-2014, 12:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
One comment about the comparison photo. Both the OEM and Quadratech's headlights seem to have similar brightness, except Quadratech's is whiter.
Overall brightness is hard to compare, because the camera lowers the exposure of the stronger light. It takes manual exposure to compare, and even then contrast differences between the pictures may spoil true comparison.

What, I think, is clearly visible, is the light spread. The stock headlights have a wider spread than the Quadratec.
Trucklites have a considerably wider light spread than stock.

However, my TruckLite, and I believe the JWs also, are much brighter than the OEMs. It's not just the color temperature. It's the intensity also.
No headlight is 100% free of hot (and dark) spots.
The TruckLites have the most even light spread I've seen so far.
The JWs seem to be -- at first glance -- somewhat brighter than TL, but that's because they have a large hot spot at the center, which gives the impression of being brighter, while only the hotspot is brighter.
That hot spot is on account of the total Lumen, so everything outside the hot spot is weaker.
The TL spread the light more evenly, and wider -- which, IMO, makes them more useful when something pops from the side into the road. The wide spread is also good to have on trails.

Last edited by GJeep; 08-24-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As a note, these are in stock ready to ship! If you order today prior to 3:30pm Eastern they will ship today as well!

JK models include a PWM (anti-flicker) pair.

Ours are a fair amount brighter than stock:

Also, here are two cell phone photos I took of a stock 7" round (not JK, it was a CJ/TJ), JW Speaker, Truck-Lite, and our Quadratec LED side by side on a table. You can see our lens is more rounded and not flat on the front:

Hope this helps!

-Rick

Originally Posted by GJeep
Overall brightness is hard to compare, because the camera lowers the exposure of the stronger light. It takes manual exposure to compare, and even then contrast differences between the pictures may spoil true comparison.

What, I think, is clearly visible, is the light spread. The stock headlights have a wider spread than the Quadratec.
Trucklites have a considerably wider light spread than stock.

No headlight is 100% free of hot (and dark) spots.
The TruckLites have the most even light spread I've seen so far.
The JWs seem to be -- at first glance -- somewhat brighter than TL, but that's because they have a large hot spot at the center, which gives the impression of being brighter, while only the hotspot is brighter.
That hot spot is on account of the total Lumen, so everything outside the hot spot is weaker.
The TL spread the light more evenly, and wider -- which, IMO, makes them more useful when something pops from the side into the road. The wide spread is also good to have on trails.

We took the photos with the camera set to manual. Same shutter speed, same aperture, same ISO, same everything. We wanted it to be as accurate of a comparison as we could provide.

JW Speaker LED headlights have the best output. This is due to their use of a projector lens. The projector provides the best quality beam pattern (fill) and best (sharpest) cutoff.

Last edited by quadratec; 08-26-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics of these new quadratec lights installed in a JK at different angles? (bit further out than your promo pics)
Old 09-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by PUSHNF8
Any pics of these new quadratec lights installed in a JK at different angles? (bit further out than your promo pics)
I only have those photos at the moment. Tomorrow when everyone is back to work I can grab some photos of them on some of the Jeeps in our parking lot.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Haven't had time to grab my Nikon, but here is a cell phone shot I snapped on our JK from about 10 feet away (all the room I had in our photo studio):

If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks,

-Rick
Old 09-10-2014, 06:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Here are a few more shots I took in the parking lot yesterday:

-Rick

Last edited by quadratec; 09-10-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

These look great! I'd love to see some more night time shots with these on. Anyone pull the trigger on these yet?
Old 11-07-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine will be here next week and on next weekend I hope.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some crappy night time videos.

Stock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB4I8U_pOW4
LED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CC_4U9YyWk
Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the videos, they are awesome!

How do you like them so far? They look great

Quick Reply: Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!