Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

MBRP Roof Rack Cage - CAD Drawings!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top roof rack

I too really like your roof rack. But since I only have a soft top I'll have to wait for your design guys to do some magic.

If you are looking for possible ideas, this photo was posted a while ago.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Where did these guys get this rack? Looks like one big advantage is that the hardtop can be removed while the rack stays on the jeep (like Wild Boar's).
Old 03-26-2009, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=MB JEEPER;1019414]I think we can do something here. We would have to run the roof rack structure right down to the Jk tub and bolt / support the rack this way.

Another thing you might consider....if you can attach the structure to the tub, you could perhaps do so using quick disconnect hardware. Permanently mount the hardware rather than roof rack structure itself. This way, the rack structure could be easily put on or removed, used with tops on or off, or neither, as per user desire. Just disconnect the rack from the mounting hardware, or connect it back up. Quick and easy.

I echo my fellow posters....this is a great rack and I will be a buyer. I'm holding off only because it seems that you guys are very responsive to your customers and many changes will be in the making short term (full roof extension, different support point, etc.). I hope I don't have to wait too long!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

[QUOTE=hs106;1025741]
Originally Posted by MB JEEPER
I think we can do something here. We would have to run the roof rack structure right down to the Jk tub and bolt / support the rack this way.

Another thing you might consider....if you can attach the structure to the tub, you could perhaps do so using quick disconnect hardware. Permanently mount the hardware rather than roof rack structure itself. This way, the rack structure could be easily put on or removed, used with tops on or off, or neither, as per user desire. Just disconnect the rack from the mounting hardware, or connect it back up. Quick and easy.

I echo my fellow posters....this is a great rack and I will be a buyer. I'm holding off only because it seems that you guys are very responsive to your customers and many changes will be in the making short term (full roof extension, different support point, etc.). I hope I don't have to wait too long!
What we are doing, is using our current set up as building blocks for future add ons. Anything we build from this point forward, will be a direct bolt on attachment to our current set up. We are looking at making a full length extension, but it will not require replacing our current design. As much as we agree that a full rack is a big bonus, some owners do not need the extra space, or the obstruction of view caused by running tube down the A-pillars.

Even our cage design was made with the intent of offering a full length rack by adding extenders to the current length. It is fully bolt together, so it is as simple as picking up an extension for either side.

I understand what you are saying about a quick release on the rack that mounts to the body...The trouble is, in order to make it secure we would need to re enforce the rather flimsy body metal. Also, the reason we have the strength and durability is because it is transferring the load, through the hard top into the solid upper rim of the tub. You would not likely get this strength mounting into the sides of the tub.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MB JEEPER
I think we can do something here. We would have to run the roof rack structure right down to the Jk tub and bolt / support the rack this way.

Still have a similar looking rack with all the same accessories but able to use this with a soft top application.

We are now in production of the 4 door rack system. The 2 door unit is in our designers hands now, we could look at a soft top version after the 2 door.

Let us know.

Thanks
MB
What would prevent you from bolting the interior supports directly to the rack without the hardtop in place? I realize it would look funny but if you really wanted to use it and leave the hard top off it looks like it would still work. Long term, maybe some replacement interior supports that were made with this idea in mind would be good. That way they wouldn't look so goofy.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by eisenjj
Please make the front extensions that run down the A-pillar function with the more popular snorkels on the market...Please!

Also just a thought!....How about some light mounts on the A-pillar tubes as well. Would be a nice bonus only your product would have!!!
I will pass this info along...Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by TwinDad
What would prevent you from bolting the interior supports directly to the rack without the hardtop in place? I realize it would look funny but if you really wanted to use it and leave the hard top off it looks like it would still work. Long term, maybe some replacement interior supports that were made with this idea in mind would be good. That way they wouldn't look so goofy.
It is possible. But would likely be weaker even though the hardtop is only fiberglass. We have been working on a few ideas for a soft top cage. I'll post updates as I get them.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

I have a few more pictures of the cage prior to assembly from when it arrived back from the coaters earlier today.

We should have some installed pictures later this week.

We're getting really close to MOAB now!

Old 04-02-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

As is, this looks like a great system and perfect for what I would be interested in using. Just curious as to the prices?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by w00dchuck
As is, this looks like a great system and perfect for what I would be interested in using. Just curious as to the prices?
Prices on the cage have not yet been confirmed but I will let everyone know once this information has been given to me.

Quick Reply: MBRP Roof Rack Cage - CAD Drawings!