Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

NEW - ROCK KRAWLER - HEAVY DUTY, DEEP SUMP, AUTO TRANNY PAN FOR JK's

Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default NEW - ROCK KRAWLER - HEAVY DUTY, DEEP SUMP, AUTO TRANNY PAN FOR JK's

Hey Guys

We are working on a Heavy Duty, Deep Sump, Auto Tranny Pan with Pick Up Relocation Kit for JK's with the stock automatic trannsmission. The pan will hold an extra 2+ quarts of tranny fluid, the sides are made from 3/16" thick steel and the bottom is made from 1/4" thick laser cut steel. We have also incorporated a drain plug for ease of service. The retail of the kit will be someplace between $249 and $279 hopefully.

No longer will JK owners have to worry about loosing drive as your JK goes vertical, nor will you have to worry about crushing in the bottom of your auto tranny pan and damaging your valve body...

Here are a few pictures. Let us know your thoughts!

Rock Krawler Suspension
Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice pan!!!!.. to bad i got a manual.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet... Subscribed
Old 01-25-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice. With the new tranny pan being larger would that mean a skid wouldn't fit? If a skid doesn't fit when is the rest of the tranny strong enough to support the weight of the Jeep?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Looks nice. With the new tranny pan being larger would that mean a skid wouldn't fit? If a skid doesn't fit when is the rest of the tranny strong enough to support the weight of the Jeep?
Yeah X2 on this, i dunno how i feel about bonking this guy, 1/4 thick steal or not, i doubt the tranny mount or the tranny is strong enough to withstand a medium- major blow.

i would say a beefier skid pate that cant crush up into the pan (ive done this before)

something along these lines...
Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x

This is the new cross member/skid plate in progress

Last edited by JdTms11; 01-25-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool! Added to the never ending upgrade list of items I want.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor

Guys

We cannot guarentee this is going to work with other company's skid plate assemblies unfortunately. For us, this is our skid plate as well as deep tranny pan. Sorry about that.

Rock Krawler
Old 01-25-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default New pan?

How much deeper is it? I have a Coast front driveshaft and am wondering if contact at full flex will be an issue again?
Thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

The pan looks very good. I do however have one comment. The drain port seems a bit high off the bottom. It seems that for easy servicing that this would prohibit the sediment and debris removal unless you pulled the entire pan. I realize that you have to do this to change the filter but some minor maintenance could be performed periodically to remove sediment and debris between filter changes.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor

Thank you for the input. It will be lower in production since the weld in bung for the drain plug will be smaller. The one shown was something we made here for the prototypes! However, to really remove all metal chips and crud that builds up, you will have to drop the pan to clean the surface of the magnet...

Rock Krawler

Quick Reply: NEW - ROCK KRAWLER - HEAVY DUTY, DEEP SUMP, AUTO TRANNY PAN FOR JK's