JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/)
-   -   OME JK Long travel Suspension Lift!! Details Inside (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/ome-jk-long-travel-suspension-lift-details-inside-67476/)

Northridge4x4 01-06-2009 12:55 PM

OME JK Long travel Suspension Lift!! Details Inside

The OME JK Long travel kit is finally in stock and ready to ship!

Here is what it consist of

OME HD front and rear coils
OME Long travel Shocks
Teraflex Front and Rear Bumpstops
Currie Rock Jock Sway bar Links Front and Rear
JKS Front and Rear Trackbars
Crown Stainless steel Brake lines
Currie Front Upper control arms
Currie Rear Coil Spring retainers

All this shipped to your door for 1499.95

This lift will work on 2 door and 4 door Rubicon and non Rubicon models. The lift will net approx 3" of lift and have A whole bunch of travel!

If you already have a OME kit and need the bumpstops we have them in stock and ready to ship also .

Thanks
David

Littlejon 01-07-2009 07:50 AM

It says Currie front upper control arms, is that supposed to be the lower control arms? Just wondering since that would make more sense.

Northridge4x4 01-07-2009 08:39 AM

It says Currie front upper control arms, is that supposed to be the lower control arms? Just wondering since that would make more sense.
Please do tell why would that make more sense?

David

bigbluejk 01-07-2009 08:55 AM

that is a great deal!

RubiJK 01-07-2009 09:18 AM

Nice setup! It has all of the basics to do a 3" lift in the best possible way with same great components.

Psst, Littlejon... UPPER control arms will do better to rotate the front axle to correct caster... well, as long as there is enough travel in them to do so. Lower CA's are designed to move the axle front/back to center in the wheel well. Of course, they work in conjunction with one another to achieve both.

Littlejon 01-07-2009 09:31 AM

I thought that most people got the lower control arms to fix the "flighty" steering feeling on the lifts that come with cam bolts. Aren't upper control arms more to set the pinion angle for aftermarket drive shafts?:thinking:

Also most of the lifts that only come with partial arms, and not all of them seem to come with lowers. Just thinking along those lines, but it doesn't mean I am right.

Northridge4x4 01-07-2009 10:02 AM

I thought that most people got the lower control arms to fix the "flighty" steering feeling on the lifts that come with cam bolts. Aren't upper control arms more to set the pinion angle for aftermarket drive shafts?

Also most of the lifts that only come with partial arms, and not all of them seem to come with lowers. Just thinking along those lines, but it doesn't mean I am right.
Both Uppers and Lowers can fix the "flighty" steering and this is becuase they have the ability to adjust the castor angles.

The front uppers do this very well and are the most cost effective way to do this.

Now the Front lowers will also work very well and give you a stronger lower but they are more expensive than the front uppers.

David

dadgummit 01-07-2009 11:16 AM

I think this kit sounds great! I like that you are taking the best and most cost effective parts form different brands to make one kit. The one question I have is will this kit be tall enough that I will need new driveshafts?

On a side note dave my arb bumper you sent should be arriving here within 45 minutes.

Northridge4x4 01-07-2009 11:19 AM

The one question I have is will this kit be tall enough that I will need new driveshafts?
You should not need new shafts with this kit, BUt if you plan on doing some extreme wheeling it is a good idea to have new shafts.

David

dadgummit 01-07-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4 (Post 876681)
You should not need new shafts with this kit, BUt if you plan on doing some extreme wheeling it is a good idea to have new shafts.

David

Nah this is my daily driver so I cannot risk anything too extreme. But after I pay this off in 4 years or so that should change!! Thanks