Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Poison Spyder Bolt-Together Trail Cage Kits

Old 03-10-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blade
It blocks off dash side access completely. Unfortunatly those side caps are one of the first pieces you install, so you would end up having to take out the whole sport cage to open that side. So it might be a good idea to run all of your planned wiring during install of this cage, and then just terminate it until you are ready for it.
You can still pull wire...it takes a little more effort but it's not a big deal. The factory hole through the firewall is not covered.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sharkey

You can still pull wire...I takes a little more effort but it's not a big deal. The factory hole through the firewall is not covered.
I agree. Although I've never seen the cage in person, u can just drop glove box, remove rt vent and it should be easy enough to run wires.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rinkishJK

I agree. Although I've never seen the cage in person, u can just drop glove box, remove rt vent and it should be easy enough to run wires.
Yep, I've done it with my OR-Fab cage.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:51 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by Sharkey
I'm interested in the c-pillar kit. Can you confirm for me whether the kit is compatible with a Tuffy security deck? I don't care if I have to ditch the little side boxes on the deck, but I'm afraid the c-pillar base and the sides of the security deck may not play nice together. Thanks for your help!
We don't have any technical data on that Tuffy product, and we don't have it in any of the Jeeps around here, so I really can't give you a good answer. Maybe contact them and ask if their product is compatible with ours?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Any updates on the availability of the 2011+ trail cage kit?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by DTS
We don't have any technical data on that Tuffy product, and we don't have it in any of the Jeeps around here, so I really can't give you a good answer. Maybe contact them and ask if their product is compatible with ours?
After re-reading my post I think I can do better than that. Tell you what, if you can figure out some critical measurements you need in order to fit the Tuffy Box, I'll try and get the corresponding measurements of an interior with our C-pillar kit installed. I don't have a Jeep with it handy but I know a couple of people with them that I can email for a measurement. Sorry I was a bit off my meds this morning after being out of commission with bronchitis the past 4 days
Old 03-12-2012, 03:08 PM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by roxj
Any updates on the availability of the 2011+ trail cage kit?
I REALLY wish I had an update to give you! Unfortunately I simply can't report anything on that right now. We're trying our best to work our way through our R&D backlog, there's just so much to do, so little time!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by DTS

After re-reading my post I think I can do better than that. Tell you what, if you can figure out some critical measurements you need in order to fit the Tuffy Box, I'll try and get the corresponding measurements of an interior with our C-pillar kit installed. I don't have a Jeep with it handy but I know a couple of people with them that I can email for a measurement. Sorry I was a bit off my meds this morning after being out of commission with bronchitis the past 4 days
No worries. I don't have the Tuffy yet, so I'm pretty much worthless. I've been comparing Tuffy install photos to your install photos, and I think the critical point is really how close the landing plate is to the seat belt bolts and rear seat bolts on either side of the rear seat. I think the two products could work with very little, if any, modification to the Tuffy sides. It might just be a matter of notching out the sides a bit.

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know what I figure out if and when I pull the trigger on this.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I'm interested in the tuffy security deck and the c pillar kit also (although the welding on my new Jeep scares me a little )
Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Does anyone have any feedback on this cage yet? Im going to be getting one soon. How was the fit and install? How is the rockhard or Orfab in comparison?

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Bolt-Together Trail Cage Kits