Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Rock krawler h.d. Deep sump tranny pan sale!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rock krawler h.d. Deep sump tranny pan sale!

You know what guys. We have done such a crappy job of promoting our H.D. Deep Sump Tranny Pan for the JK's we have decided to put them on sale. They are an awesome unit!

If you have ever had any issues with your JK running out of drive when going vertical, this deep sump tranny pan will help ensure you do not loose drive! The pickup is relocated 1.5" down and the pan holds a ton of extra fluid.

If you have ever had an issue smashing your stock flimsy tranny pan on a rock, this deep sump tranny pan has a 1/4" thick bottom so that is certainly not a concern! You can even jack off the bottom of this tranny pan it is so beefy!

The regular retail price is $349 and for the end of Sept and the entire Month of October the Rock Krawler H.D. Tranny pan will be on sale for $269.

The sale is not limited to quantity, just the time constraint!

It even comes with a drain plug so servicing the fluid is much easier!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Rock Krawler
Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Former Vendor

All PM's answered! It really is a simply upgrade!

RK
Old 09-28-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this work with the stock tranny crossmember and skid?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That thing is sweet!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor

The pan does not go below the factory cross member. We would imagine it works with the RE Long Arm System as well! It should also work with the factory tranny skid as well!

RK
Old 09-30-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a slipping tranny while off-road on some hills (scary!!!). Checked my fluids and they were on the low side of "OK". Have since brought it up to the high end and will be taking back to the same place this weekend. If I have the same issue, I maybe getting one of these...assuming the dealer doesn't rule out some major tranny problem on my 7,500 mile old Rubi.

And can someone please confirm...the driveshaft issues with the tearing boot is due to the skid, not the sump pan...right? So moving to this pan wouldn't create a higher chance of having that problem....???
Old 10-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Former Vendor

Sir

This pan fits in the same envelope that the OEM pan does so tearing of the drive shaft boot or any drive shaft related issue will be no more prevalent than if you had the OEM pan.

It certainly will help you with going vertical for sure. It is just a draw back of this tranny and it has been since 2003 in Wranglers.

Rock Krawler
Old 10-01-2010, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

If the stock skid does fit over it then im sold. my only concern is not smashing the 1/4" plate on the bottom of this thing, but the shock that gets transmitted into the transmission. im definitely considering this because i have had a hand full of instances where i ran dry and lost drive. but i know shocking the tranny isnt good either, ive done that a few times as well and managed to stall my auto out from coming down hard.

What about its compatibility with other aftermarket skid plate systems?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

This on my list!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
It should also work with the factory tranny skid as well!

RK
Is there anyway you could have someone 100% verify this? I would hate to order one and have it not work

If it does indeed fit, this would be a great upgrade and I for sure will be ordering one

Quick Reply: Rock krawler h.d. Deep sump tranny pan sale!