Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

TOTL JK Heat Expulsion Hood

Old 03-06-2017, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The body shop that bus painting my hood called and said that there is no safety latch in the front of the hood. Any recommendations for securing the hood properly?
Old 03-07-2017, 05:12 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bartlettjeeper
The body shop that bus painting my hood called and said that there is no safety latch in the front of the hood. Any recommendations for securing the hood properly?
Unfortunately Jeep made remounting the safety latch a major pain because the bracket is hooked on one end requiring a fairly large hole to be drilled out. I know a lot of customers choose to not remount it as its only benefit is if you forget to lock down your outside latches but I cannot tell you to not remount it. The choice is completely up to you.

If you choose to remount it, measure twice obviously and as mentioned one side will require a huge whole for the hooked end and the other side maybe just a small pilot hole as the bracket uses a self tapping screw.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Former Vendor

Happy Friday! Who is getting out and do some wheeling this weekend?

Old 03-10-2017, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Ok just got my hood mounted. They left the wind shield washer on my old hood. They could not figure out how to install the windshield washer tube to the new hood. Any suggestions?
Old 03-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bartlettjeeper
Ok just got my hood mounted. They left the wind shield washer on my old hood. They could not figure out how to install the windshield washer tube to the new hood. Any suggestions?
You have two options.

You can drill the holes out yourself. If you do this, start with a tiny drill bit and increase in size until the nozzles fit in snuggly. Also make sure to check where you are drilling from the underside so as to not have to drill through two different layers. You accomplish this by avoiding the smooth textured bracing on the underside. I have had a few customers do this and it turns out very well if you take your time.

The other option is to relocate the windshield washer nozzle into the grate located in the middle of the jeep directly below the windshield. All you have to do is cut out one front to back slot and two left to right slots and the nozzle will pop right in. Here are couple of pictures for reference.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:38 AM
Former Vendor

Just got some fresh pictures from another happy customer the other day. Im really digging the black accents on the hood

Old 03-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor

If you are in the Denver/Colorado Springs area and can help:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/four...r-help-341187/
Old 04-05-2017, 05:29 AM
Former Vendor

Old 04-05-2017, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Any specials coming up for EJS may be in the market for a new hood👍
Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
Old 04-06-2017, 05:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1j4kcopprl
Any specials coming up for EJS may be in the market for a new hood👍
We could probably do free shipping...Shoot us a PM or email if you want to place an order

Quick Reply: TOTL JK Heat Expulsion Hood