Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Truck-Lite's New LED Headlamp Series

Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome!! I'm glad to see these are finally getting out
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are bolt-in/plug&play w/no modifications to the housing? Will they work well w/a wiring harness like RallyLights?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the guys at rebel said it was plug and play with the harness
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Huckleberryjeep
the guys at rebel said it was plug and play with the harness
They will flicker.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
They will flicker.
They will flicker, they won't flicker

What's the verdict? If they do in fact flicker, can a rally lights harness prevent this?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

I love how people claim to know they'll flicker even though there's no one running them yet.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
JK Junkie

A pic of the cut off pattern against the wall would a nice selling point, just saying

would be nice if Truck-Lite made a fog light to replace the factory POS fog light, just saying

and whats this that i hear you guys at Truck-Lite are making or have made rock light? If you did you might want to post some info on that product, inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited by Sapper12b; 02-13-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Hello all,
We haven't had any flickering issues on our JK installation with the new lamps during testing. We've heard of a couple instances of that with the previous generation, but it has had to do with pulse width modulation issues more than anything.

Even so, we're looking into modules and wiring recommendations for those cases, and we're always available to help if anyone has any wiring issues/questions.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jerry Lee
Old 02-14-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
I love how people claim to know they'll flicker even though there's no one running them yet.
It can easily be claimed because it has zero to do with the headlamp and everything to do with Jeep's PWM. It doesnt matter how amazing of a product Trucklite produces if you are supplying it with a poor voltage signal. Similar to putting crappy gas in a racecar, it will run just not at it's full potential.

If you install a proper relay harness you will:
1. Eliminate flicker caused by PWM. Capacitors can help the situation (ie Canbus cancellers) but they are really just a bandaid. Do it once, do it right.
2. They will be brighter. I measured the signal on my 2011 JK and the voltage ranged from 4.8v to 12.4v. Where the voltage measured from my rally lights harness was a constant 13.1v.
3. It can help extend the life of your investment. (No actual testing has been done to determine the effects of PWM on LED lights, but manufacturers have suggested using a constant voltage source when possible)
Old 02-14-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
It can easily be claimed because it has zero to do with the headlamp and everything to do with Jeep's PWM. It doesnt matter how amazing of a product Trucklite produces if you are supplying it with a poor voltage signal. Similar to putting crappy gas in a racecar, it will run just not at it's full potential.

If you install a proper relay harness you will:
1. Eliminate flicker caused by PWM. Capacitors can help the situation (ie Canbus cancellers) but they are really just a bandaid. Do it once, do it right.
2. They will be brighter. I measured the signal on my 2011 JK and the voltage ranged from 4.8v to 12.4v. Where the voltage measured from my rally lights harness was a constant 13.1v.
3. It can help extend the life of your investment. (No actual testing has been done to determine the effects of PWM on LED lights, but manufacturers have suggested using a constant voltage source when possible)

Trucklight will be making a harness to connect to the lights, to stop the flicker. I have the lights and the harness these lights are great.

Quick Reply: Truck-Lite's New LED Headlamp Series