Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Woods' "Killer Gear" Reviews - JeepSWAG.com

Old 05-24-2011, 10:02 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Woods' "Killer Gear" Reviews - JeepSWAG.com

Product Index:

Fiskars 28" Chopping Axe LINK TO REVIEW - BUY IT HERE

Redline high performance flashlight Post #3 LINK TO REVIEW

Wiggy's Sleeping Bags Post #22 LINK TO REVIEW - BUY THEM HERE

Self Testing Fuse's LINK TO REVIEW - BUY THEM HERE

If you like this thread, post up and say so.

Up coming gear:
- Sleeping Bags
- Hatchet
- Heater
- Fire Starter
- Lantern
- Gear Storage
- Shackles
- Tire Plug Kits
- Tents
- Camping Toilet
- And More

This is an ongoing thread, where I post reviews about gear that I use. Equipment that I believe offer exceptional value. This gear is not necessarily Jeep specific, but rather gear that Jeepers commonly use. When it makes sense, I’ll be offering these products at JeepSWAG.com.

If you are interested in learning about the products that I use, please subscribe to either this thread or my blog at: www.JeepSWAG.com/blog

If you have a piece of equipment that you'd like to tell me about, then read the second post in this thread.

There’s a lot of garbage out there these days and I’m hoping this thread will help you find products that are affordable, work well and will last the test of time.

Products that I have not found a brand/model that I am yet willing to endorse, because I haven’t found any that offer exceptional value:

- Windproof lighter. I own a Brunton Firestorm. It's an exceptional lighter, however because of the high price I don’t consider it to be an exceptional value.

- Folding Table. I own a Alps Mountaineering table. It works fine, but is not going to last a lifetime.

Products that I will not endorse, because either each user will have their own preferences or there are just too many of the same type on the market
- Stoves. I use a Century for deluxe camping and a Coleman Single Burner for a compact.
- Pots and pans. I’m happy with my MSR set and I’m sure there are many other great sets out there.
- Silveware. I use standard table ware.
- Knives. Don’t get me started.
- Pack Towel.
- Water Jugs. I recommend a soft sided one, for packablity. I am happy with my Reliance Collapsible, but have read a lot of bad reviews, where they leak.
- Chuck box and Cooler. I use the 45 Gallon Action packer and an Igloo 72 Quart Marine Cooler. Both fit well in the back of a 4-door, but are less than optimal for packablility.

Last edited by Woods; 09-08-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default If you have a gear that you can’t live without

If you have a product that you can’t live without:

If you have products that continually impress you, please Private Message details to me. I’m very interested in learning about how you’ve wisely spent your hard earned dollars. If it’s something that makes sense, I’ll buy and use the product. If I see the same value, I’ll try to review and offer the product at JeepSWAG.com.

If you own any of the products that I have written about, please post your thoughts and experiences with them. Please do not post about products that I have not initially posted.

I will try my best to focus on facts and experience, and not opinions. I encourage you to do the same.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:04 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default Redline Cree LED Flashlight Review

Nebo Redline Flashlight - Available at JeepSWAG.com

I’m a certifiable “flashlight nerd”. Among some others, I currently own:
Underwater Kinetics C4 with NiMH batteries and a high output Xenon bulb (Pricey but nicey)
Underwater Kinetics 4AA Twist Bezel (great when it works)
Underwater Kinetics 2AAA Mini Pocket Light (great value compact light)
Stanley HID (A big giant monster in every way)
3 Cell LED Maglite (great value)
2 Cell LED Maglite (great value)
2 AA Cell Xenon Maglite (crap)
Surefire 2DE Executive (Expensive at $110)
Nebo Redline (Best Value at about $30)

Super bright, VERY Smooth adjustable beam. Runs on inexpensive AAA batteries. Compact and light. I’ve read and watch many youtube reviews of flash lights. I’ve not seen any lights of this quality and performance for anywhere near this price.

Specifications
Settings – 220 lumens / 110 lumens / 22 lumens / S.O.S. / Defensive Strobe
Runtime
- 100% - 4 hours of continuous illumination
- 50% - 8 hours of continuous illumination
- 10% - 15 hours of continuous illumination
- S.O.S. - 72 hours of continuous illumination
- Strobe - 72 hours of continuous illumination
Length – 4.5”
Diameter – 1.5”
Weight – 0.428 lbs.
Batteries – 3 AAA batteries (included)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZF0aGlFp8c

Last edited by Woods; 05-24-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta have at least one of those lights. It's officially on my list!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

awesome! im getting one or sure!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:03 AM
JK Freak

This is a great idea for a thread with the added benefit of being good for sales I'm sure. I have a lot of interest in a lot of different products and it's always tough to slog through the myriad of biased reviews on them, especially since tech specs are only so useful when you don't have the product in your hands.

subscribed, hopefully I can see the value in some of these products and pick something up.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:10 AM
JK Freak

subscribed. nice idea for a thread Brett.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:26 AM
JK Freak

Subscribed!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:52 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

What I hope really happens, is that guys read my reviews, then post up with reviews and comments about my reviews. I spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to find what gear I am willing to spend my hard earned money on. I figure that I may as well share what I learn. I certainly end up with plenty of stuff that doesn't stand up to my own expectations (wait until you see my sleeping bag review), so It's great to share about what doesn't work too. I believe that if I make an honest effort, you guys will better appreciate the value of shopping at JeepSWAG.

Thanks for the post.

Originally Posted by zeppo
This is a great idea for a thread with the added benefit of being good for sales I'm sure. I have a lot of interest in a lot of different products and it's always tough to slog through the myriad of biased reviews on them, especially since tech specs are only so useful when you don't have the product in your hands.

subscribed, hopefully I can see the value in some of these products and pick something up.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking forward to more reviews!

Quick Reply: Woods' "Killer Gear" Reviews - JeepSWAG.com