Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 door JK - need some help :)

Old 10-23-2006, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 door JK - need some help :)

Hey, got my lightgreystone rubicon and i am in love with it. Its better then i could imagine but im having one little issue and i figured id ask here. In the Manual it shows how to pull the passenger seat up for easy access to the back seat, but when i hit the lever and pull the seat up nothing happens. my old TJ the seat lifted off the track and leaned forward but in the jk the seat back tilts foward a bit but the seat itself does not tilt off the track at all, am i nuts? but its very hard to get in the back with the way it moves now.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey motabus, congradulations on your new JK Rubi. Regarding the seats, so far as I know, they no longer tilt up.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:26 AM
JK1
JK Newbie

There are two levers on the side of the seat. One is for leaning the backrest forward and backwards. The other is for allowing passengers into the back seat. When you pull the backseat lever you have to push the seat forward towards the windshield. The seat slides forward and the backrest tilts forward.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:30 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JK1
There are two levers on the side of the seat. One is for leaning the backrest forward and backwards. The other is for allowing passengers into the back seat. When you pull the backseat lever you have to push the seat forward towards the windshield. The seat slides forward and the backrest tilts forward.
Yes, the back rest tilts forward but the entire seat does not tilt up and off the tracks the way the old TJ seats do.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:37 AM
JK1
JK Newbie

Right, it only slides forward. It makes it pretty hard to get into the back. This was actually one of the deal breakers for me. The TJ has a much better design regarding how the passenger seat moves. I was having a hard time deciding between the 2 and 4 door. Once I got to play with the 2 door it made my decision much easier. I'm going with the 4 door Rubi.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:39 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JK1
Right, it only slides forward. It makes it pretty hard to get into the back. This was actually one of the deal breakers for me. The TJ has a much better design regarding how the passenger seat moves. I was having a hard time deciding between the 2 and 4 door. Once I got to play with the 2 door it made my decision much easier. I'm going with the 4 door Rubi.
LOL!! :o That's exactly why I decided to keep my TJ and get a 4 Door Rubi too
Old 10-23-2006, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

wow and i was going to bring it in to be looked at, good thing i posted, well thats sucks for the people who want to go in the back but oh well, it still kicks ass, thanks for the help guys
Old 10-24-2006, 03:38 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, they don't tilt & it sucks for the people who want to get in the back. I currently have a baby seat in the back of mine, and it is a two person job to get the kidlet in there. One person has to crawl in, and then do the baby hand off. Reverse order to get the kiddo out. What a pain in the. :-|

However: I did not buy the Jeep as a family transport. It is my daily driver & weekend toy, not the minivan, so in that regard, i dont really care about the rear seat issues. Kids are monkeys, they can climb in there just fine.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

I've got a 5 month old & a five year old. This IS our minivan:p That's why I jumped on the 4 door. I've started to gather the parts to revamp our trailer. That's where the family overflow will go on road trips.

Plus I've been known to put an adult or two in the back seat. That is just cruel & unusual punishment in a two door:p
Old 10-24-2006, 10:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was bumbed that the seat didn't tilt up but more disappointed how they attached the seat belt. I figured I won't be getting back there, and with the top off the kids like climbing in and out through the roll bars. I have a 4 dr suv for those family trips anyway.

Quick Reply: 2 door JK - need some help :)