Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2008 Jeep Wrangler X Transmission Issues

Old 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mytjjeep
Ok totally off topic but I've got to ask, I worked with a guy in Crested Butte, CO nicknamed Huffster. Just wondering if it would be you. You ever own a green 2wd S-10?
NOT HIM

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Hey, Huffster, whatever your issues are they're not the fault of those of us here on JK-Forum. Please don't yell at us.
WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????????
Old 02-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HUFFSTER
NOT HIM

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????????
I think he is referring to the capitals. In internet... uhm... etiquette? it is considered Yelling when you type in all Caps.

I too, am sorry you are so dissappointed, i love my Jeep, but understand your frustrations. I hope they get resolved.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HUFFSTER
I GOT THE WRANGLER BACK 02 06 08 @ 1200 MILES
RADIO STATION CHANGED, SO I'M ASSUMING VEHICLE WAS TEST DRIVEN WITH RADIO ON, HARD TO HEAR NOISES WITH THE RADIO ON.

You sure that the station didn't change because they disconnected the battery (standard procedure) when doing the work.

I ask this since in the line above the one I quoted, you stated that the test drive went OK.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

You're doing exactly the right thing -- documenting your problems with the dealer and getting them resolved. Sorry you're having problems with your JK. Keep working with the dealer until you're satisfied. If that dealer can't do it for you, go to another dealer.

And please minimize your use of ALL CAPS in the forums you visit, unless you really mean it.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Sure hope you finish your saga here! Start checking on your state's lemon law. In your narrative the noise changed while turning. Are you sure it is a tranny problem or is it a diff problem? Good Luck!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang man.....

They need to switch you into another Jeep. That one has issues somewhere. I'm wondering if the problem isn't in the axles or something and its causing the tranny to do strange things? If your on transmission number 2 and its going also, my first thought is (sorry for this) the driver, or the problem might be in the engine side or output side of the transmission and thats just the part that gets tore up.

I agree with the other JKs on here.... keep pressing them. I LOVE my Jeep.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2008 Jeep Wrangler X Transmission Issues

MORE ON THE SAGA WITH MY 2008 WRANGLER X MANUAL TRANSMISSION.
@ THIS POINT IN TIME I'M ON THE 3RD TRANSMISSION AND A TRANSMISSION "FIX"

I SENT MY LEMON CARD IN TODAY AND WE'LL SEE WHAT COMES OF IT.

02 21 08 @ 1700 MILES
MADE ALL THE NOISES WHEN I WENT TO THE STORE THIS MORNING, AS I WAS GOING OVER THE SPEED BUMPS @ THE STORE I HEARD AND FELT THINGS SHIFT IN THE TRANY AND FOR A MOMENT ALL NOISES WENT AWAY...... FOR A MOMENT....... AS THEY RETURNED FURTHER ON DOWN THE ROAD.

02 24 08 @ 1800 MILES
TRANSMISSION PROBLEM IS BECOMING CANCEROUS, THE NOISES HAVE FOUND THERE WAY TO 6TH GEAR WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AND THEN IT WILL GO INTO REMISSION?

CALLED SERVICE ADVISER TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH THE JEEP REPRESENTATIVE AND HE STATED THAT JEEP WANTED TO PUT SOUND DEADING MATERIAL AROUND THE TRANSMISSION TUNNEL TO MUTE THE NOISES???????????? SO WERE JUST GOING TO PUT A BAND AID ON IT AND SEND ME OUT THE DOOR?

02 27 08 @ 1900 MILES
SERVICE ADVISER CALLS BACK AND STATES THAT JEEP REALIZES IT IS HAVING ISSUES WITH THE NEW MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS AND THEY THINK THEY HAVE A FIX AND SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.

03 03 08 @ 2200 MILES
I TAKE THE WRANGLER IN FOR SERVICE, ALL NOISES ARE PRESENT AND BAD.
THE “ FIX” WILL BE TO REPLACE 3RD AND 4TH FORWARD SLEEVES AND THE SHIFTER FORK.

03 04 08
SERVICE MANAGER CALLS AND STATES THAT HE PERSONALLY DROVE THE VEHICLE AFTER THE "FIX" AND THE NOISES ARE BAD IN ALL GEARS AND WILL CALL TO SEE WHAT THE CHRYSLER REPRESENTATIVE WANTS TO DO.

03 05 08
SERVICE ADVISER CALLS AND STATES THAT THE REPRESENTATIVE DROVE THE WRANGLER AND WANTS TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT BATCH THE TRANSMISSION WAS MANUFACTURED IN BEFORE ORDERING A NEW ONE????????

03 06 08 @ 2280 MILES
PICKED THE JEEP UP FROM THE SERVICE CENTER, GAS LIGHT AND TIRE PRESSURE LIGHTS WERE ON, ITS BAD ENOUGH TO HAVE TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, LET ALONE GET THE VEHICLE BACK WITH NO GAS AND THEY CAN'T EVEN HELP ME WITH A LITTLE BIT OF AIR?

ANY WAY, SERVICE ADVISER SAID THEY ORDERED A NEW TRANSMISSION FROM ANOTHER BATCH, I SAY ITS TIME FOR THEM TO BUY THIS MOTHER FUCKER BACK.

03 13 08 @ 2400 MILES
TOOK THE JEEP IN TO HAVE THE 3RD TRANSMISSION PUT IN...... 4TH FIX.

03 14 08 @ 2490 MILES
PICKED UP THE JEEP FROM THE SERVICE CENTER, ADVISER STATED THAT WHEN HE TOOK THE JEEP OUT FOR A TEST DRIVE HE HEARD A NOISE IN 4TH GEAR.

I DROVE THE JEEP TO WORK AND HEARD THE SAME NOISE, I GOT TO WORK AND WENT TO BACK INTO A PARKING SPACE AND THE TRANSMISSION JUMPED OUT OF REVERSE GEAR.

03 15 08
WENT ON AN EXTENDED DRIVE OUT IN THE COUNTRY TO TEST THE TRANY AND 3RD AND 4TH GEARS STARTED TO VIBRATE EXCESSIVELY, AND I STARTED TO HEAR THE GRINDING NOISES AS THE PREVIOUS TRANY HAD DONE.

THEN ONCE AGAIN THE TRANSMISSION JUMPED OUT OF REVERSE.

IF THIS IS NORMAL FOR THESE JEEP TRANSMISSIONS I HOPE MAHINDRA BUYS JEEP AND BRINGS THEM BACK TO THERE FORMER GLORY.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/11/c...ut-jeep-brand/
Old 03-17-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Stop typing in
ALL CAPS..

It's considered YELLING and is hard on the eyes. Oh, and I hope that your dealership steps up and makes things right.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default I Substatute Reality And Inject My Own

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Stop typing in
ALL CAPS..

It's considered YELLING and is hard on the eyes. Oh, and I hope that your dealership steps up and makes things right.

I FIND IT EASER TO READ AND WRITE IN THIS LITTLE BOX IN ALL CAPS AND I AM YELLING.......... 3 TRANSMISSIONS AND 1 "FIX"

BUT I'M NOT YELLING @ PEOPLE HERE,SO DON'T TAKE IT SO PERSONAL.

I POSTED THIS THREAD TO INFORM PEOPLE OF MY ISSUES THAT PERTAIN TO THE JK, SO THAT IT MAY HELP THEM WITH THERE ISSUES, AS THERE ARE A LOT OF ISSUES WITH THESE NEW TRANSMISSIONS.

NOT TO BE CHASTIZED ABOUT MY CAPS PREFERENCE

AND THANKS

I HOPE JEEP STEPS UP AND MAKES THINGS RIGHT FOR ALL

HAVE A GOOD ONE
Old 03-17-2008, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default Get Over It !

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Stop typing in
ALL CAPS..

GET over the caps are yelling thing, who the hell made that crap rule anyway ?

Quick Reply: 2008 Jeep Wrangler X Transmission Issues