Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2008 JK suggestions for remanufactured Transmission

Old 03-23-2019, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 JK suggestions for remanufactured Transmission

After 169,000 miles of pushing around 35s through 5.13 gears my original Automatic Transmission died tonight.
Anyone have experience with a good remanufactured Trans?
i found Xtreme Performance and Street Smart online. Anyone know any good or bad about them?

I will likely do the install myself. I could go to a local shop around Cleveland OH for a rebuild, but thinking that a quality remanufactured from a national place might be better.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

I would check with the Local dealerships for a factory Reman.. 3yr / 100K warranty.. the OE factory worked well.. Also, there is an A/M trans called Road Ripper .. these are built Heavy duty units by Certified Transmissions.. have 3yr/100k warranty too.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After some research the remanufactured options are about three times the estimate I got from a highly rated local rebuild shop. The local rebuild is only 12 month/12,000 warranty, but covers parts and labor. Hard to justify paying for the remanufactured when the Jeep has 170k miles.

Quick Reply: 2008 JK suggestions for remanufactured Transmission