Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 Sahara throwing P0507/P2173 aswell as ETC and ESC lights flashing

Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Sahara throwing P0507/P2173 aswell as ETC and ESC lights flashing

Hey Guys, new to the site, aswell as jeeps so i have a quick question. My new to me (10k) JK started acting up during some light city driving the other day.

Started with the ETC / ESC lights illuminating and flashing engine seemed to loose power sort of like a misfire however i wasn't accelerating at all. pulled over, shut if off, started back up, all good to go minus the check engine light. Got it home, checked the DTC and im tossing:

P0507 ‐ IDLE SPEED PERFORMANCE HIGHER THAN EXPECTED
P2173 ‐ HIGH AIRFLOW / VACUUM LEAK DETECTED (SLOW ACCUMULATION)

It has done it a couple more times since, however a quick restart resolves it, i noticed, that the odd time its sitting in the driveway idling it can do it aswell.

Any ideas are great, Thanks guys
Old 04-21-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

[h=2]Causes[/h]Possible causes of OBD code P0507
A P0507 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following: A vacuum leak Leaking air intake after the throttle body EGR valve leaking vacuum A faulty positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve Damaged/failed/dirty throttle body Failed EVAP system Failed IAC (idle air controller) or faulty IAC circuit

[h=2]Possible Solutions[/h]This DTC is more of an informational code, so if there are any other codes set, diagnose them first. If there are no other codes, inspect the intake air system for air or vacuum leaks and damage. If there are no symptoms other than the DTC itself, just clear the code and see whether it returns. If you have an advanced scan tool that can interact with the car, command the idle higher and lower to see if the engine responds appropriately. Also check the PCV valve to see if it's blocked and needs to be replaced. Check the IAC (idle air controller) if equipped, verify it's operation.

And as far as the P2173 see here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...lation-150138/

Hope that helps a bit.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Yea thats what iv been reading online for the most part, im going to try and get it into the dealer on monday, closed over the weekend unfortunately, however i did notice, that if i have my foot on the gas during normal driving, or rev it a bit when stopped, it doesnt seem to do it, however if i have it at idle and dont rev it, or am rolling in gear with my foot off the gas it seems to do it after about a 30-60 seconds.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I just started getting the P0507 code about a month ago accompanied by an idle between 850 and 1100 rpm. Tried cleaning the throttle body, but that didn't help.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Disregard my previous post. After a month of scratching my head, I finally found the problem that was causing the P0507. The factory service manual recommends, among other things, checking the PCV valve. I initially figured, that couldn't be the problem since I just replaced the valve about 10,000 miles ago. My thinking was that this was not long enough for the valve to have gone bad but too long for it to have failed immediately after install. Well, lesson learned on that front.

When I pulled out the PCV valve it was mechanically stuck, but was not gunked up in the slightest. I poked the valve and it popped back into a normal operating position. I reinstalled the valve, idle returned to normal, and the problem/code disappeared. For the record, I purchased the valve from NAPA, so in test driving the Jeep around town today I went over to the dealer and bought a backup OEM valve just in case this one decides to get stuck again.

Quick Reply: 2010 Sahara throwing P0507/P2173 aswell as ETC and ESC lights flashing