Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

changing dash from metric to english?

Old 01-03-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing dash from metric to english?

I have a 2014 JK that does not have EVIC. This morning I got in an my dash was reading fuel economy and temperature in metric. I have no idea what I did to accidently change the display and the op manual only shows how to change the value if you have EVIC. How do I change it back to english?
Old 01-03-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

For a 2007, the Owners Manual says: "Press and hold the left button (on the instrument cluster) for 2 to 3 seconds to switch from English to Metric displays." You might give that a try.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You made my day!

I wanted to change mine!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the 11 up JK's have a left button on the instrument cluster, just a single right for the trip meter.

Try the STEP button on your steering wheel.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ireding
I have a 2014 JK that does not have EVIC. This morning I got in an my dash was reading fuel economy and temperature in metric. I have no idea what I did to accidently change the display and the op manual only shows how to change the value if you have EVIC. How do I change it back to english?
You can download a full owners manual from jeep.com
Or call the 800 number and they will mail you a copy.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "English"

My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grampa_Simpson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-metrication

All but three! it's time to convert!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Jiblet

You can download a full owners manual from jeep.com
Or call the 800 number and they will mail you a copy.
Whenever I answer questions like this I look at the model year owners manual to see if there is a difference. The other day I did that and the Jeep website forwarded me over to their tech services contractor, and they wanted $40 for the owners manual. What did I do wrong? Be aware I have used this process literally dozens of times with success. Something has changed.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Whenever I answer questions like this I look at the model year owners manual to see if there is a difference. The other day I did that and the Jeep website forwarded me over to their tech services contractor, and they wanted $40 for the owners manual. What did I do wrong? Be aware I have used this process literally dozens of times with success. Something has changed.
Wow. $40? I wonder if they've been mailing out too many due to forums spreading the word? I just download the PDFs.

(I was trying to subtly suggest OP RTFM!)

The new jeeps come with a quick-guide (that some mistake for the OM) and a CD or DVD, right? Does the CD have the full OM on it?

Thanks for the heads up
Old 01-03-2014, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Left steering wheel controls: Press "Step" till it shows the temperature and then press "Reset".
That's how it works on my '11 without the EVIC.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Jiblet
Wow. $40? I wonder if they've been mailing out too many due to forums spreading the word? I just download the PDFs. (I was trying to subtly suggest OP RTFM!) The new jeeps come with a quick-guide (that some mistake for the OM) and a CD or DVD, right? Does the CD have the full OM on it? Thanks for the heads up
I couldn't find the .pdf's, just the $40 link. OP did mention that he read the manual, but, as you point out, perhaps he just had that little book thinking it was the full owners manual.

Quick Reply: changing dash from metric to english?