Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 JKUR rushing water sound

Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep i agree it depends on who and where you take it...and you have to tell them a lot of the time what to do.
that's why i come here :-)

Originally Posted by Shell
You will learn fast that unlike other car manufactures. Chrysler service has no clue what they are doing and usually makes it worse than it was before. I have never delt with more incompetent ppl than I have with jeep service and I've owned a lot of cars.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bignose13
yep i agree it depends on who and where you take it...and you have to tell them a lot of the time what to do.
that's why i come here :-)
I agree on this. I bought my 2013 just over a week ago, and took it in for a weird sound in the blower fan. And I asked if they could do a radiator burp at the same time. They replaced the blower fan, but told me to come back and leave the car for a day or so, so they could look at the rushing water sound.. I told them I already checked online, and it's a common problem, and an easy fix. But they did not want to do it.

So today, I did it myself. I only added 1/4 of water while burping, so there should be enough antifreeze (and some).
After a 30 min trip today, no sound anymore.

If others are going to do this, just remember to add the RIGHT COOLANT if you need to add that.
The right coolant is marked OAT coolant (Organic Acid Technologi). This coolant is new for 2013, and CANNOT be mixed with any other coolant!!, like on the 2012 JK's.

PS: If you take it to the dealership, make sure they know about the NEW coolant for 2013 JK's...! Because I found several threads on other forums, where they didn't... Another reason to do it yourself.

If you do a search online, or look in your 2013 manual, it will tell you about the consequences for using wrong coolant.

Quick Reply: 2013 JKUR rushing water sound