Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 JK missing wires/plugs

Old 06-20-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 JK missing wires/plugs

I think I have one of those fluke of a problems but I thought I'd ask anyway. Yesterday I noticed that my hazard lights didn't work. Turn signals work but the hazard lights don't. So I thought I'd check the functionality of the other buttons on the lower center panel. VSC button didn't do anything. HDC button in 4lo does nothing. So that got me wondering about what was going on behind the panel. I opened up the center dash and the mirrors have power and the power port has power. However there is no harness connected to the three buttons for the hazard lights, VSC, and HDC. There is nothing for the buttons to activate. The dealer has never seen such an issue. The thinking is that the plug must be tucked away and somewhere in the dash. They said they will have to disassemble the entire dash and maybe most of the interior. So, anyone else have such a weird issue?
Old 06-20-2014, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have seen where plugs came loose due to not being fully seated but never that. Guy at the factory must have been answering a text when your Jeep rolled by on the line.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smitty12JKU
I have seen where plugs came loose due to not being fully seated but never that. Guy at the factory must have been answering a text when your Jeep rolled by on the line.
Yeah I think I either got an "almost quitting time Friday" or a "Monday got here too quick" Jeep. I love the vehicle. Don't get me wrong. I'm just disappointed in some of the hiccups. I was missing the rear window roll up straps and my carpet bunches up anytime I move the passenger seat. None of my interior plastic trim pieces meet the carpet or mount flush to the body. Maybe its by design. I don't know.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nolaphoto1
Yeah I think I either got an "almost quitting time Friday" or a "Monday got here too quick" Jeep. I love the vehicle. Don't get me wrong. I'm just disappointed in some of the hiccups. I was missing the rear window roll up straps and my carpet bunches up anytime I move the passenger seat. None of my interior plastic trim pieces meet the carpet or mount flush to the body. Maybe its by design. I don't know.
Carpet curl is a real pissa. Drives me nutz. x2 on the plastic molding.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smitty12JKU
Well I think you were right. I found the missing wire/plug. It was tucked and stuck behind another panel. Texting while assembling is bad for business. Lol.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

At least it was something quick and easy.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

years ago one of my new TJ's came with the completely wrong HVAC control installed.. I bought it in winter.. when spring came along I was like "how the heck do i turn on the A/C??"... they installed a "heater-only" control pad.. under the hood all the A/C parts were there... dealer said they had never seen that before... there's no way that couldve passed inspection.. that installer mustve been really new at texting then..

-Christopher

Quick Reply: 2014 JK missing wires/plugs