Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Adding remote start on 2014

Old 11-25-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding remote start on 2014

Bought a 2014 jkru and it didn't come with a factory remote start. Am I able to add the factory remote Start system and new keys/fobs to the jeep or do I need to get a seperate remote start fob?
Thanks
Old 11-25-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

It can be added and its not much for the actual system just the key fobs get programmed.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your dealer can add it for less than $500, assuming you have an auto and keyless entry. You'll get 2 new keys, just like yours but with the remote start button. Plus, you'll be able to keep your non-remote start keys.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I have an auto and keyless entry. Will the original keys need to be reprogrammed when they add the remote start? So I can have 4 working fobs?
Old 11-25-2013, 07:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by roscoj
Yes I have an auto and keyless entry. Will the original keys need to be reprogrammed when they add the remote start? So I can have 4 working fobs?
No the keys are vin coded so the old will still work
Old 11-26-2013, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I added it to my 2010. if you are going to do it yourself, its not too bad of a job depending on what is already in your jeep..

as already stated you must have the power convenience group and auto trans..

1] the kit will contain a new SKREEM module, a hood pin kit, the remote start module itself, wiring, and 2 new Blank Keys (with the remote button)

2] the new SKREEM module (it reads the chip in the key to start the jeeo) will not work without being star-scanned into service by the dealer.. so what I did was install the new SKREEM, but not plug it in to the harness.. I left the cuffs off of the steering column, plugged in the old SKREEM, and held it next to the key as i started the jeep, and that let me drive it to the dealer for programming. the dealer plugged the new one in and starscanned the system into service..

3] you should be comfortable with taking apart the dash, and disassembling the electrical connectors going to the computer as most likely youll need to install the hood pin switch and wire..

I did it in an afternoon and it wasnt too bad.. all 4 of your keys will work when you are done.. 2 with remote start buttons and 2 without..

-Christopher
Old 11-26-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Remote start

Dealer is doing wifes 2013 next week. 369 plus tax. It will be covered under warrenty.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Capndik
Your dealer can add it for less than $500, assuming you have an auto and keyless entry. You'll get 2 new keys, just like yours but with the remote start button. Plus, you'll be able to keep your non-remote start keys.
Seems like it would be better to put a Viper alarm system in with two way remote start. Same price plus an alarm system.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the responses. I went to the dealer to ask what they could do. They had the kit and put it on right then. They told me 3 hours. Only took about 1 hour 40 minutes.
Ticket total was close to 450.
Not to bad. Nice to have remote start again.
Thanks again
Old 01-23-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Riz
Dealer is doing wifes 2013 next week. 369 plus tax. It will be covered under warrenty.
How was this done under warranty? I just picked up a 2012 JKU and the remote start is the biggest feature I'll miss from my truck.

Quick Reply: Adding remote start on 2014