JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Always wet floorboards? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/always-wet-floorboards-48626/)

07armygreen 07-21-2008 03:18 PM

Always wet floorboards?

OK...this is driving me INSANE. No matter how long it has been since rain. (a week plus even) There is ALWAYS condensation under my front floormats. My whole Jeep is clean and mildew free, however, there is always water droplets between the rubber floormat and interior carpet. The Jeep is only a year old and I am afraid the carpet is going to get nasty. Its to the point where I simply pull the floormats out every night just to let it get dry. BTW I have pulled all drain plugs so its not that. Is this just a part of Jeeping or what? Also, anyone have a link to a diamond-plate floor kit? I think black diamond plate would be cool, be afraid to hot in sun.

Winyah 07-21-2008 03:35 PM

The humidity plays a big part in how fast it will take to 'air' dry. I see you are in Fl, so that probably means high humidity. If you were in CO, it would dry a lot faster. Also affecting dry time will be the liquid type. Salt water will take longer than fresh.

yetibear 07-21-2008 03:52 PM

And every rain get them wet again.

RubiCajun 07-21-2008 05:35 PM

If it's on the passenger side you could have a leak on your heater core. Check your cooling fluid level.

AZchris 07-21-2008 07:17 PM

mine stayed wet for several days after getting rained in. I just shop vac-ed it and had to wait.

LOST 07-22-2008 09:46 AM

I'd pull your carpet out of the front so it can fully dry.

Leave it our for awhile and see if you can find the leak. You can still put rubber florr mats in but I'd want to know where the water is coming from before it's too late and you have a mildew problem.

07armygreen 07-22-2008 02:57 PM

I think it is just a Florida thing. I have the doors off so I guess just so much rain and humidity. Anyone know any black diamond plate floorboard kits? Part of wanted a Jeep was that I didnt want the constant cleaning and maintenance that went with my old car (11-sec Cobra.) I dont want mildew, but I cant just shop vac or tear out the carpet every time it rains? What do all these guys with snorkels do? Thought about just taking the carpet out for the summer? Anyone out there in the south (or humid area) feel my pain? Whats a quick fix? Cuz sort of "just dont let it get wet" I'm not sure there is one.

thissideup 07-22-2008 03:11 PM

I just pulled all of my carpet out to let it dry in the sun. It took 2 days in the arizona heat to dry out. The under matting is very, very... thick. I think I may just leave the carpet out for now. It was so easy to clean the Jeep with a hose and the plugs pulled out. Better yet when I go to sale the Jeep 200,000 miles from now it will have nice, like new carpet.

07armygreen 07-22-2008 05:21 PM

My doesnt seem to want to pull out in some places should I just give it a good tug? I dont want to rip it, like by doorstep its really up in that plastic trim, did you just rip it out?

stoltz 07-28-2008 10:49 AM

I just removed all my carpets. The only places where they don't just pull out is around the front outside post of driver and passenger seat and around the subwoofer. Make a cut at smallest part around the seat posts and they come right out. Remove the subwoofer and the back comes out. Done!