Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Autozone Duralast AGM Battery any comments?

Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Sears Diehard Platinum AGM (Advanced Glass Mat) battery in my 08 Rubicon. It's group size 34 with a 4 year full replacement plus an additional 52 months pro rated warranty for 100 months total. It's vibration resistant and is 850 CCA. Costs was $198 + tax installed. Completely sealed. I am very pleased with this battery as I am running a winch and extra lights.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

I have had 3 of these batteries but not in a Jeep. Very happy with mine. Had to replace one before 3 years, no problem. Old battery out, new one in, no charge.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

After much research I have decided to go with the.............Duralast Platinum over the Excide.

2 reasons, I found many reviews stating "stay away from Excide", no explanitions as to why?
And they can only be ordered on line (at least I could not find a retailer) so what happens if it dies?

Autozones are everywhere and the price is right @ 144.$
Old 08-11-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just replaced my MOPAR battery in my JK with a Duralast (yellow top) since I'm very happy with the performance of their batteries in previous vehicles (currently my wife's XJ has the same battery).

Like you said, Auto Zones are everywhere and the price and warranty are good too.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have put autozone batteries in different vehicles over the years. They have great warranties. The one in my truck gave up last year about a month before the warranty was up. I jumped it and drove it to autozone. Told them what happened. The guy working there didn't blink an eye. Looked up the model for my truck, grabbed it off the shelf and installed it right in the parking lot. He took the old one to recycle and gave me a new recept for the battery and new warranty. Didn't pro rate it or anything. I know stuff like oil is expensive but they stand behind the batteries which are reasonably priced. It was a wet battery not agm.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I use Odyssey battery's in all my stuff.
They are a bit pricey but they are the best battery I have ever used.
The oldest one I have is 6yrs, and still starting strong.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Zombie thread?
Old 01-18-2018, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Duralast AGM's are made by Deka from what I've gathered.
I've ran one in the jetski for 1.5 years without issue.

Quick Reply: Autozone Duralast AGM Battery any comments?