Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bad EGR Valve causing clutch chatter???

Old 08-26-2015, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad EGR Valve causing clutch chatter???

Took my 2011 2 Door in to the shop due to it throwing some codes: P0325 Knock Sensor, P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold, P0305 Cylinder 5 Misfire. It was running really rough with a rapidly flashing CEL so I had it towed to the shop. I also have been having some clutch chatter after the Jeep has been driven for 20 to 30 minutes. Chatter going in to 1st from a stop and also going in to reverse. No chatter after running Jeep from a cold start, and only after driving it for 20 to 30 minutes.

Shop tells me today that they believe that it's a bad EGR valve and that they believe that the clutch chatter isn't actually a clutch issue but a performance issue due to the EGR valve.

Anyone have opinions on this?

FYI, 3600 miles ago I had a new engine and new clutch kit put in, original flywheel was machined.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I would be questioning that. How does the egr effect the clutch? That would be my first question.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exactly

Originally Posted by kfast24
Personally I would be questioning that. How does the egr effect the clutch? That would be my first question.
That's what I'm saying! Totally unlrelated as far as I can tell. I googled the crap out of it and found only a few, out of many, people that had something similar but on automatic transmissions.

Quick Reply: Bad EGR Valve causing clutch chatter???