Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Battery light, then LIMP MODE! Help!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery light, then LIMP MODE! Help!

This has started happening to me more and more frequently, i will be driving and the battery light will come on. like 5 or 10 min later all of my dash lights will flash a couple times and ding, then as soon as i slow down it goes into limp mode shutters for a little bit and dies. Normally if i push start it, it fixes the problem, but it died 3 times on the way home from work tonight. "luckly it died on hills..."
any ideas?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start with the battery it may be going bad also check the cables they could be loose or corroded.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it your original battery? If so, it is probably due for replacement. If you can't do it yourself, have the battery and charging system checked.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm @ 116k on my 08, hapened to me @ about 40k and @ about 95k- both times battery and nothing else.

Quick Reply: Battery light, then LIMP MODE! Help!