Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best guess on what is broken?

Old 11-28-2017, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider
I would be demanding the blue book value for that vehicle. I would be calling the ****ing OWNER of that insurance company at his home every night until they bought at jeep from me.
I would NEVER take that Jeep back. I used to work as an adjuster years ago....and let me tell you at I have never ever heard of anything this outrageous.

What insurance company & agent?
Well the latest is they are putting in a factory reman engine.

It isn't really the insurance company that is the problem, it is the body shop. They never should have taken on the job. If the manager had believed me, and put in a claim for frame and front axle, the insurance company would have totaled it. Once they paid out money for the frame, they didn't want to total it, and have to pay me, and the body shop.

As for the agent, my original agent retired, and the new agent isn't even aware there ever was an accident.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Bring recently involved in an accident, you'll need to also ask the agent for depreciated value of your vehicle. It's insane that you're still going through this. My brother had a similar experience with his jeep. It looks decent now though.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider
I would be demanding the blue book value for that vehicle. I would be calling the ****ing OWNER of that insurance company at his home every night until they bought at jeep from me.
I would NEVER take that Jeep back. I used to work as an adjuster years ago....and let me tell you at I have never ever heard of anything this outrageous.

What insurance company & agent?
Originally Posted by karls10jk
Bring recently involved in an accident, you'll need to also ask the agent for depreciated value of your vehicle. It's insane that you're still going through this. My brother had a similar experience with his jeep. It looks decent now though.
I did talk to my new agent, and she is incensed by the whole ordeal, and has contacted the insurance company, and asked to have the car totaled.

I got it back yesterday, and I have already found half a dozed issues. The funniest one is the Texas plate they put on my Georgia vehicle. I suspect there is some poor guy from Texas with a Georgia plate on his car. Others include the key fob not locking/unlocking the doors. It does sound the panic alarm, so the battery isn't dead. They replaced the tire with a different model. The backup camera is rotated 90 degrees. (I added that, but the rear bumper was replaced) The winch cover is missing. The throttle is much harder to depress, and the engine seems sluggish. The biggie is that it is much harder to engage four wheel drive than it used to be. I haven't been able to do a proper off road test to see if the axle lockers work.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

The body shop is sending it back to a Jeep dealer to inspect all the work done, like replacing the frame, and front axle. Plus they are going to fix the key problem. They found my tag, and replaced the tire and wheel.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I finally got it back last week. I have thoroughly tested it on the highway, and off road. The electronics box was damaged in the wreck, which is why the key didn't work.
I am still annoyed that it wasn't totaled six months ago. The former manager of the body shop is to blame, but suing him wouldn't get me much. He conned both the insurance company, and the body shop.

Last edited by 16FW; 01-15-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy cow what an ordeal. So what's your plan with it? Keep it or ditch? I'd imagine your resale took a big hit with this
Old 01-21-2018, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

So far, I am keeping it. However I have found a few other things the body shop didn't do correctly. I smell antifreeze every time I stop. The body shop sent it back to the Jeep dealer, and they pressure tested it, and said it was OK. I washed the engine, and a lot of anti freeze ended up on the ground. Maybe they spilled some when they filled it up. There is a bolt missing in the my aftermarket front bumper. The windshield washer wasn't working. Well, at least it didn't seem to be. It turns out that the front washer was washing the rear window, and vice versa...
Old 01-29-2018, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another chapter in the never ending saga...
I was working on the backup camera (which I added) because they had taken the bumper off when the replaced the frame. I noticed a bolt was missing. I also noticed a big washer that looked like someone had run a cutoff wheel across it. When I touched it, I realized it was loose I tried to tighten it, but it wouldn't tighten. I looked to see what it was for. It is one of the bolts that hold the body on the frame!! This is after the body shop sent it to a Jeep dealer to check to see if the new frame and front axle had been installed correctly. Now I have no faith in the Jeep dealer, or the body shop. I have a call into the body shop, but no response in the last 4 hours...

Last edited by 16FW; 06-06-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Best guess on what is broken?