Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Both Headlamps Quit Working

Old 04-14-2011, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both Headlamps Quit Working

My wife was pulling into the driveway tonight when both of her headlamps died simultaneously (2010 JK 4-door Rubicon). My thoughts are that this must have to do with the headlamp fuse or relay (whichever the JK has). That being said, I looked at the fuse box diagram in my owner's manual and couldn't find the fuse/ relay that would control the headlamps. There are relays which control headlamp washers (I don't even think JKs have headlamp washers) but nothing which says it's for the headlamps themselves. Am I just blind?

Please help. I'll take it to the dealer if I have to, but would prefer to not have to schedule an appointment and just do it myself.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would check the fuse box and harnesses that connect up into it. I was fiddling with mine today with jeep running and it cut off on me, ALL POWER... I noticed that if the harnesses crimp a certain way then it has an electrical malfunction. I wiggled them around and BAM, power on... Hope this helps....

Quick Reply: Both Headlamps Quit Working