Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brake Caliper Question

Old 07-13-2018, 09:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one that struggles. So if there's a trick I'm all ears as well.
+1. You're not alone EHarris. Changed the brakes on my dad's TJ last year while I was visiting him. I recall those pads staying in place so much better. The pad on the piston side snapped in to the piston with clips where as ours just sit in the guides. Wonder why they got away from that
Old 07-15-2018, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

The fronts always seem like a breeze. Now with the rears, I'm struggling where the clips keep popping out, then when I get them all snug and in place, I slide in the pad and then always one clip pops out again, have to pull the pad back out, then the rest of the clips pop out....rinse>wipe>repeat. It usually takes me about 5 attempts per side by sticking out my tongue and holding it just right before it all holds and slides into place.

Quick Reply: Brake Caliper Question