Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Broken Manual Shift Knob...Best Source For OEM Replacement?

Old 10-09-2017, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Broken Manual Shift Knob...Best Source For OEM Replacement?

What's the best source for the best price on a Mopar manual shift knob for a 2008 manual shift knob?

I broke mine chaning out the shift boot.

Thanks!

Edit...Bought one on Ebay. Hopefully it goes on easily.

Last edited by dmwil; 10-09-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The trim ring on my shifter broke in my hands. Luckily I still had interior warranty so that got swapped out. The shift knob is just press fit on. If you can muster the force to pull the old one off, the new one should go on easy. I would do something like soak it in hot water first though.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass
The trim ring on my shifter broke in my hands. Luckily I still had interior warranty so that got swapped out. The shift knob is just press fit on. If you can muster the force to pull the old one off, the new one should go on easy. I would do something like soak it in hot water first though.
So you just press it straight on with no side to side wiggling? How much force do you need to press it on?

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2017, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
So you just press it straight on with no side to side wiggling? How much force do you need to press it on? Thanks!
just enough.

It's hard to say, for me it was a nice solid press, for others it might be a four or five star grunt fest. I had to do mine after Safelite broke my trim ring changing my windshield, yep still hard to believe. They also denied they broke it, never dealt with them again and steer people away.

Quick Reply: Broken Manual Shift Knob...Best Source For OEM Replacement?