Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bumper Question ?

Old 02-11-2018, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper Question ?

I have a stock 07 JK x bumper with no fogs or hooks on bumper. I have found a replacement on craigslist for $50 with lights and hooks. How hard will it be to connect this to mine. I have been told it is very hard to do as mine will not have the fog connecters on the harness or light switch on stalk and also will have to have Dealer program . Could I not just hot wire this and run from Battery to toggle to lights ?
Old 02-11-2018, 04:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

the hooks are not problem as they will attach to the frame no issue. I would think that you could wire the fogs directly with a toggle.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:47 AM
Former Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DLHWrangler07

The issue would be, older jk/jku jeeps do not have these opening pre-installed or mounted on the bumpers. Unless this was ordered as a factory option like the Sahara model. One may find that the entire bumper cover would need to be order. The bumper cover would already have the two hood holes and fog light holes already molded into the bumper cover.
So unless the replacement you're referring to has the tow hooks and fog light housings already installed on the bumper, you'll have to search for the extra components to create the entire system.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

In theory you could get LED fogs and tap them
Into the side marker lights. LEDs are low Amp draw and would come on when you clicked on the the running lights. Some 18 gauge wire, solder and liquid tape for a clean splice.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by casamtb
In theory you could get LED fogs and tap them
Into the side marker lights. LEDs are low Amp draw and would come on when you clicked on the the running lights. Some 18 gauge wire, solder and liquid tape for a clean splice.
Assuming you don't live, nor will every live, in a state that has weird rules about running fogs + headlights (like Oklahoma apparently), this sounds like an easy route. The major downside is never being able to turn the fogs off though.....on top of having to run LED (in case you're opposed to LED)

It's an interesting thought either way.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Assuming you don't live, nor will every live, in a state that has weird rules about running fogs + headlights (like Oklahoma apparently), this sounds like an easy route. The major downside is never being able to turn the fogs off though.....on top of having to run LED (in case you're opposed to LED)

It's an interesting thought either way.
agreed, even better, use a switch with multiple configurations to pull from the running lights but will switch on and off and automatically relay off with running lights. I used Plasma glow switches on my aux LEDs and have the relayed to teh running lights so they shut off with the car.

Quick Reply: Bumper Question ?