Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AC vents trim covers

Old 12-19-2017, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC vents trim covers

I have a 07 JK X and I want to upgrade the interior trim just a little bit. Specifically I’d like to put some of the later year/higher trim AC vents instead of the black ones. I have seen that Rugged Ridge makes some trim kits but they are not quite the same as the stock ones from Jeep. Any website where I can find these? Any ideas will help! Thanks
Old 12-20-2017, 05:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

You guys have any salvage yards around there? Might be able to find a donor from which you could pop the trim assembly out of. I agree.....the Rugged Ridge ones don't look good. The Opar ones on Amazon seem a touch better in regards to having a more similar molding rather than just being smooth. Another idea, if you just don't like the color of your trim or whatnot, would be to take your current ones and get them hydrodipped somewhere or even buy a kit and do it yourself. You could expand that to even more trim pieces if you cared to.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

EBay is helpful but they're expensive. An economical option is to paint your trim rings, similar to how the Sahara's of our generation did. Ebay is usually $50/ ring if you go that route.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
You guys have any salvage yards around there? Might be able to find a donor from which you could pop the trim assembly out of. I agree.....the Rugged Ridge ones don't look good. The Opar ones on Amazon seem a touch better in regards to having a more similar molding rather than just being smooth. Another idea, if you just don't like the color of your trim or whatnot, would be to take your current ones and get them hydrodipped somewhere or even buy a kit and do it yourself. You could expand that to even more trim pieces if you cared to.
Thanks for the info, yeah I have called one salvage yard here and they don’t have any JKs but I am on their wish list and they will let me know when they do. I will call others though and check out Opar
Old 12-20-2017, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
EBay is helpful but they're expensive. An economical option is to paint your trim rings, similar to how the Sahara's of our generation did. Ebay is usually $50/ ring if you go that route.
Thanks I’m gonna check EBay out!
Old 12-24-2017, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I painted the trim rings to match the body color (Detonator Yellow) on my 2008 JKR, it kinda tied the interior and exterior together visually. Cheap and easy.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drew
I painted the trim rings to match the body color (Detonator Yellow) on my 2008 JKR, it kinda tied the interior and exterior together visually. Cheap and easy.
That’s pretty cool, only problem is my JK is black and so is the trim

Quick Reply: AC vents trim covers