Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can you add factory Tru-lok

Old 12-29-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can you add factory Tru-lok

I have an X with open axles, how much trouble would it be add the factory electric locker to the rear? Or the Track-lok limited slip for that matter. I couldn't find a 4 door JK with either that didn't have a ton of options I didn't want. I bought mine with only one option, tow package and had the dealer add cruise. I don't do any serious wheeling, mostly sand, and probably don't really need either but would like the added confidence off road they could give me. Besides, I might just decide to do more off road, seeing as I get older I just don't enjoy the injuries involved with dirt bikes the way I use to
Old 12-29-2007, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't add factory anything. Mine came with the trac loc off the lot, that's the only reason I have it. The detroit true track would be a great choice for a limited slip. It has gears not clutches that will wear out and be worthless. For a locker, I am going to add the ARB air locker. You have to get a small air compressor, but it's nice to have. The nice thing about the true track or ARB is you have them available in 2wd, 4h, and 4l. The factory break lock differential works great but only in 4l. Just my opinion.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might be possible, but would be difficult. It would require drilling your differential case for the wiring. You would also have to switch out to 32 spline rear shafts to use the rear e-locker. It might be possible to use a front 30 spline e-locker in the rear with the 30 spline rear shafts, but I don't know if the cases are the same. I think you would be better off putting in an ARB or OX if you need a selectable locker, or a Detroit if you want a full-time locker. The strength of the factory lockers is still in question. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

How many splines (30 or 32) does an X with factory rear e-locker have?
Old 01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

32, same axle for the option on the "X" as the Rubicon package

Quick Reply: Can you add factory Tru-lok