Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by DV8 Offroad
Click Here

Clutch Pedal Clicking?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Clicking?

Weird new thing I've been noticing with this warmer window-down weather.

After my jeep warms up, the clutch pedal will click as I depress it.

Push it in alittle --> CLICK.... Push it in a little more --->CLICK Push it in some more --> CLICK!

Same when slowly releasing the clutch. Any ideas as to what it could be? Or is it a normal nuisance I'll have to live with???
Old 05-15-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Same happens to me....just wait until you are at a stop and you have the engine in neutral and you hear this weird whinning sound and then you press the clutch in and it stops.....Been doing it for ever so I dont think its a real problem.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post
that's your throw out bearing... i've had that done. now i just have the annoying clicking.

i've had the following done...

clutch assembly replaced
throwout bearing replaced
clutch slave cylinder replaced
clutch replaced.

wtf next? i have never ever ever!!!! had a manual transmission give me so much agony.

LOL... NOOOO THANKS! I already tried getting the clutch squeal fixed, but apparently there's a 12,000 mile cutoff for that???

I don't have any money to throw at that kind of repair list. She'll get traded in before I start dishing out cash for stuff like that. If at 18,000 miles it needs that extensive of an overhaul, imagine what could be left at 50,000 miles.

I've already let the weird exhaust-leak sound go under the radar, and I've learned to live with the clutch squeal. I don't know how much more patience there is left in me!

I'll have to check out the sound when releasing quickly...
Old 05-15-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Pray you dont acquire the stall bug or the dreaded death shimmy dance!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Warlock13 View Post
Pray you dont acquire the stall bug or the dreaded death shimmy dance!!!!!!
Lol... No stall bug... the death shimmy has started showing her face, although I might be able to track it down to failing shocks or an unbalanced wheel...

My long-start problem has reared its ugly face in the past few days as well...
Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine does this too. Only when it's warm. Is the clutch pedal held up by a clock spring? If that's the case, my hunch is the spring needs to be lubed or something.

And to the guy whose dealer won't fix the throwout bearing after 12,000 miles: Go back and make them. They have to. You have a warranty. It's not supposed to do that. I made them fix mine at 28,000.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

So this is REALLY getting on my nerves. The rain finally went away for the day (and I'm not working) so I had the windows off the soft top all day.... And this creaking is getting on my nerves. I wonder if it's a serious issue, or something that is just a nuisance (wont leave me stranded on the side of the road).

I did some digging, and found a few videos: One of a honda civic with the same issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehx9z...layer_embedded

and the next is a TJ.

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...dom9421006.flv
Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post
that's your throw out bearing... i've had that done. now i just have the annoying clicking.

i've had the following done...

clutch assembly replaced
throwout bearing replaced
clutch slave cylinder replaced
clutch replaced.

wtf next? i have never ever ever!!!! had a manual transmission give me so much agony.
X2 i've had all this stuff replace too! 3 times on the throwout bearing and 3 times on the pilot bearing too. still have a freakin squeal like sound and creaky clutch pedal
Old 08-06-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Well, the jeep is back after a weekend at the doctor's ( and I'm finally out of the PT Cruiser loaner). It's like they injected my clutch with novocaine, and put it on a diet!

This thing feels MUCH MUCH lighter, to a poi t where I pushed the clutch in with the same force as before, and nearly put my foot through the firewall!

I'm urious as to whether my clutch was really messed up, the technician forgot a spring, or they installed a different clutch altogether

well, it'll take some getting used to, but at least the noise from before is gone (at least so far)
Old 08-06-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Meaning it will tighten up? Or I'll get used to it? I can't decide quite yet if I miss my calf workout or not.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Clicking?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: