Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clutch Slave Cylinder O-ring: Does it come with Slave or Line?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:50 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts
Default Clutch Slave Cylinder O-ring: Does it come with Slave or Line?

Replacing my clutch slave cylinder and my new slave did not have the o-ring. In trying to fish the o-ring out of the old slave cylinder, it went flying and is now MIA. Reading on the forum, about half the posts on this subject say the only way to get it is with the new slave (so I got screwed), while the other half say the only way to get it is with a new line. I assume that Chrysler changed how they sell the part and am just wondering if anyone can confirm from RECENT experience or knowledge how I go about getting that o-ring. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Answer from the local dealership parts distribution center: The o-ring is part of the line. The line runs about $30. So, if you are disconnecting the line for any reason and lose the o-ring, it will cost you $30 for a new one. I'm calling it an o-ring because everyone does, but the descriptions are that it's actually not O shaped. It's more of a barrel shape, with flat faces instead of round. It must be made from super ball material, because everyone says that if you drop it (as we did), it is gone! LOL. Can't wait to get my Jeep back (though my friend has loaned me his really cool Defender to drive in the meantime) ...

Old 11-19-2018, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave issues

I have replaced my slave twice so far in 6 months The reason is the hydraulic line needs to be at a very specific angle in the bracket that is attached to the top bolt on the slave and don’t loose the O ring If this angle is not perfect it will leak.
Although I was extra careful with the second slave it still leaked at the hydraulic line, so I finally removed the slave and the hydraulic line and glued it into the slave. Then it began to leak at the master cylinder (of course I was 500 miles from my shop when this happened), so I glued the hydraulic line to the master cylinder. And all was good!

Wondering why why this is not a screw type fitting!!

But now the slave is leaking out of the bleeder valve and when I engage the clutch the rubber cap is blown off from the pressure.

I have a third slave in my shop waiting to try again, but this time I bought the slave direct from Chrysler. The other two were after market.

Any thouhgts???

Quick Reply: Clutch Slave Cylinder O-ring: Does it come with Slave or Line?