Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by DV8 Offroad
Click Here

Cooling fan issues. Need help

Old 07-13-2019, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling fan issues. Need help

Hello JK forum, new here but Iím at a loss
i have a 2010 JK that has been having some issues with the cooling system
it all started last summer when my cooling fan seized up in the middle of July. Replaced the fan and it worked without a hitch, fast forward 6 months and the fan begins working intermittently replace the fan again and seems to be working fine. A few months after this the fan begins to not work at all, local shop tells me itís the TIPM. Now fast forward to today. I have replaced the TIPM along with all fuses and relays, I have also changed the high speed fan relay. Now hereís the kicker Iím not getting any signal to the cooling fan plug but I have it on both relays. Iím at a loss and could use some pointers or tip to try and get my heep running again
Thanks
Old 07-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 122 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm not 100% on this, but I think there is some type of thermal fuse wire that connects to the fan that often needs to be replaced. Hopefully, someone else can confirm.
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Redacted_Sauce;4345289I have replaced the TIPM along with all fuses and relays[/QUOTE]

I hope you bought the new TIPM, because it sounds like the relay is not getting a signal from TIPM to send the voltage to the fan. I believe your fan is controlled by the computer inside the TIPM. Check if your temp gauge wire is connected..
Old Today, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Yes I bought a MOPAR TIPM and it was installed and flashes at the dealership.
Old Today, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Well your cooling fan is controlled by the ECM. If your temp guage and wire is good and connected, your fan should be kicking in... what it sounds like that the ECM is not sending a signal to the FUSE BOX to turn on the relay...

Quick Reply: Cooling fan issues. Need help

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: