Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dash light kit

Old 01-25-2019, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash light kit

Ok so if I wanted to run led lights on the middle stack that turns on when the headlights come on and with the dial switches what wires and color would I tap into that is behind that panel?

Last edited by Shannon75; 01-26-2019 at 04:43 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:57 AM
JK Newbie

Any help would be great
Old 02-01-2019, 05:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Best location is going to be tapping the wire loom in the passenger footwell. I have some tapped to the "running" light wires heading to the taillights myself. I have red LEDs in the footwells and speakers that illuminate when the headlights are on. I don't have the color of wires right off the top of my head. If you PM me this weekend as a reminder, I'll take a look if nobody else responds.

Not certain what kind of lights you're looking to use. I've used some cheap LED strip lights that were ~$15 for a whole roll. They work good but are a little intensive to wire up. I've also used some pre-wired tiny LEDs from that were fantastic -

https://www.oznium.com/led-bolts-pre...face-mount-led
Old 02-01-2019, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you so much I have the lights and colors for when the doors open but now want the lights to come on when the headlights and dash lights come on if you can get me the color wires that would bw great
Old 02-01-2019, 01:20 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I'd be probing the wire with a multimeter before you go snipping, but on my 2013, I have those lights tapped to the white line with a purple stripe. There is a thicker black wire that runs outside the big loom bundle that you should be able to tap for ground. White with purple line should be the taillight's running light.

Service with a smile here at JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Dash light kit