Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Door hangers that use existing hinges on doors

Old 06-20-2017, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door hangers that use existing hinges on doors

I honestly searched the forum, but couldn't find it. I have seen door hangers that use existing door hinges. I think that I have seen them from ACE. Does anyone have experience with these or could you suggest another manufacturer? I appreciate it.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

I don't have them, but I like that the Ace ones are just a single strip and more cost effective than the model that Quadratec sells for $130 -

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12020_5000_07.htm

Seems like with the Ace you'd have more discretion on where to hang them, and at different heights if need be. I wish I had enough wall space in my garage to use these. I am stuck using hooks from ceiling studs and having the doors hang more in open space as my walls are alread jam packed with crap.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

I found the ones like the ace ones to work well, but I found it difficult to hang the door up higher on the wall. Was difficult to lift up and align the door.

When I moved to a new home last fall I purchased the teraflex brackets that have the lip that holds the door up by the window frame. Sounds weird but take a look at them. I mounted the brackets up high and it's easy to lift the door up and hang them on the lip.

You'll likely be happy with either product as they do work well
Old 06-20-2017, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkY3130
I found the ones like the ace ones to work well, but I found it difficult to hang the door up higher on the wall. Was difficult to lift up and align the door.

When I moved to a new home last fall I purchased the teraflex brackets that have the lip that holds the door up by the window frame. Sounds weird but take a look at them. I mounted the brackets up high and it's easy to lift the door up and hang them on the lip.

You'll likely be happy with either product as they do work well

Thanks, I am using ladder hangers now but they leave indentions in the rubber inside the window. Seems like the Teraflex may prevent this?
Old 06-20-2017, 10:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by JEP THNG
Thanks, I am using ladder hangers now but they leave indentions in the rubber inside the window. Seems like the Teraflex may prevent this?
I used two different kinds of hangers myself. Not sure what your ladder hangers look like, but I cut pieces of big pool noodles and put them over the hangers to help eliminate the indentions you are talking about. They seem to help distribute and cushion the pressure just enough.

Quick Reply: Door hangers that use existing hinges on doors