Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine dies the #19 fuse is blown

Old 06-16-2014, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine dies the #19 fuse is blown

i have taken my 09 jk to the stealership both driven and towed due to #19 fuse blown they charge over $100. to put in a new fuse and then say they cant get it to blow to know what is the problem any suggestions .twice i had to have it towed when i would replace the fuse it would blow when the engine started and blew the fuse , 6fuses later i called a tow truck the stealership said there was no problem after they replaced the fuse (TOTALLY GETTING AGAINST JK AND THE PROBLEMS ) i love my jk just hate not being able to take it anywhere feel like a caged animal thanks all .
Old 06-16-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking in my 2011 owners manual there are 2 #19 fuses in the PDC. One is J19 and the other is M19. J19 is a yellow 60 amp fuse and M19 is a 25 amp natural color fuse. Do you have more then 1 #19 fuse? If so which one is blowing? The M19 is the ASD (auto shut down) fuse. Remember this is on a 2011 so yours might be different. Not having the service manual it is hard to say what the fuse controls. The ASD I think controls the fuel pump among other things. Maybe the dealer could print out the electrical diagram for that circuit for you.

Last edited by airforce26yrs; 06-16-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked on a 2004 grand Cherokee awhile back blowing the asd and fuel injector fuse

The local dealer charged the guy over 1000$ and weeks trying to fix it

I got ahold of it and found the alternator was bad shorting that circuit out
Old 06-17-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

the fuse is m-19 ASD is the right one i was told to hook up my diagnostic computer and record what the electrical system is doing, so they can fix it ,My computer only records for 1 1/2have my computer hooked to it every time i go any where they want me to record what it is doing , my computer only records for 1 1/2 mins at a time tall that to and officer see what award you get ,( sorry just vented ) i am up for any thing i will try every suggestion . thank you any and all help
Old 06-17-2014, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I would start looking at the wiring for the injectors, fuel pump and alternator especially around where the harness flexes when the motor torques. It could also be a bad PDC. I think there is a good write up on Jeepforum about taking it apart. I will see if I can find it.

Here is the link: OEM TIPM Study - JeepForum.com
Old 06-21-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

ok still found nothing , till yesterday , fuse 19 blew again and while i was replacing the fuse i touched the top of the relays and they were all so hot that i took my hand off immediately , went to the dealership told them and they told me it was normal but they will get back to me monday why would and intire tipm be hot enough to burn someone ?
Old 06-21-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

High resistance will cause things to become very hot. If all the fuses were hot I would think there is a problem with the main cable/alternator or possibly a lot of corrosion inside the TIPM.

Last edited by airforce26yrs; 06-21-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:34 AM
JK Newbie

ty the jeep with my obd computer is going to the dealership today thank you again for all the help i will post when we find the problem have a great day
Old 12-11-2014, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any update? It really helps the next guy that is trying to diagnose and repair his Jeep if people post up what they found for a fix.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the fusebox to chassis ground. If other relays are hot, the circuits could be backfeeding and grounding through those relays because their real ground is too high resistance.

Quick Reply: Engine dies the #19 fuse is blown