Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Epic passenger door leak post airbag recall

Old 07-17-2017, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epic passenger door leak post airbag recall

Early june i did the takata airbag reacall, specifically to be allowed to transport vehicle overseas. Few days later cleaning jeep for overseas move noticed wet passenger carpet, figured window left down in rain or something. Just picked up JK in PUERTO RICO where its pouring daily and the passenger side is leaking crazy through the bottom of seam over the plastic, and behind the dash both on exterior wall and dripping down by the foot ac blower.

Never had this problem before. I correlate it to the stealership removing the dash for recall work. the timing is spot on. Tried multiple weather strip combos and nothing works, or makes it worse. wtf? carpet is now out and drain plugs are pulled on that side.

any suggestions on the fix?
Old 07-17-2017, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Replace the passenger side door weatherstripping, its relatively inexpensive at the dealer and it knocked my little drizzle right out. I replaced both door seals in my 10.

Quick Reply: Epic passenger door leak post airbag recall